Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
All out Idiot
1,714 Posts
was looking at this myself. unfortunately i have no help to give.

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
IIRC Cube and Bruce were both looking at them a while ago. Not sure if either one actually has one though.

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
I would go with the Eaton Electrac ... just my thought.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That is my first choice. Its middle of the road in price, and no stupid vac lines/pumps to worry about.

I'm really interested in the ECTED, but there isn't a lot of info on them .
I'm telling ya talk to the guy's at JCR they we're really pushing them so I assume if your pushing them you may know alot about them or more profit but I'd assume the first. :thumb:

42,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm telling ya talk to the guy's at JCR they we're really pushing them so I assume if your pushing them you may know alot about them or more profit but I'd assume the first. :thumb:
Chris, I was wheeling with them all weekend in indiana. They told me to look into it, and that is what I'm trying to do.

Thanks though

·
AAA GOLD ROCKS!!!!!
8,512 Posts
HE WAS WITH DAYRL ALL WEEKEND! I'M SURE HE TALKED TO HIM ABOUT IT!

·
Premium Member
5,773 Posts
ected

PM frdtrckmnrich, he has got a few of them for people he knows and from what he says they are pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Ok, I was under the impression they installed them in a lot of people's rigs and they liked them a lot. I guess I'll look into it more too.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
The only thing I DON'T recommend is the OX. It's a PITA to install, and a PITA to keep adjusted. They scream up and down that it's installation error every time, but if you saw all the BS you have to do with the cable when you install it, you would never do it.

I think the ARB is the hands down best selectable out there. But they are also the most expensive, and you still need a compressor.

The ECTED and the E-locker are a little different.

As far as I can tell searching the net (without tearing one apart), the ECTED uses magnets to force balls into the LS clutch packs. Since it's not forcing a collar into splines I would assume that at some torque limit it allows slipping. I would say it's a great product for up to 35" tires, and Auburn has a great rep for replacing any problems.

The E-Locker forces ball bearings into pins that lock the side gears to make a spool. It uses magnets, the ARB uses air. Kelly, I think with the size of tire you have, and your HP it would be a choice between these two.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Ok, I was under the impression they installed them in a lot of people's rigs and they liked them a lot. I guess I'll look into it more too.
Nope just telling you your options for your JK. Now that I look deeper into the workings of the Ected, for your Jeep (if your planning on going up to 37's) I'm gonna say the E-Locker, or ARB's would be your best bet as well. What it's looking like is people with 35's and down love the ECTED. And people with bigger tires have problems with it.

·
FORD The Best Never Rest
2,521 Posts
I have sold 4 of these to people with tires ranging from 33's to 38's and no complaints yet! As soon as i finish my current project i will be putting one in the front of my truck, dana 44 w/38" boogers,and a v8.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts