Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
I deliver to all the tv and appliance shops over there, best one close to you is in flint, the stereo guy..................he dose more custom install but I am sure he could hook you up

·
Premium Member
42,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bad ballast... I assume this is an LCD set then?
DLP....

The funny thing is, it has worked fine since I had it, and today I hooked in my new 7.1 setup. Now my receiver takes all 7 components and delivers it via one hdmi to the tv..

It happened the first time I turned on the receiver and tv... Hopefully its just coincidence, and my new anthem receiver isn't the culprit.

·
Old School
33,047 Posts
If the ballast is bad, all that should affect is the lamp (which is why I assumed LCD, forgot DLP uses a lamp as well) Does the sound work? Or is this just a monitor with no sound on it's own?

The ballast may be user replaceable, I can look it up with a model number.

·
Old School
33,047 Posts
11 days of use says they ain't quite fixed it yet...

Been looking around, the ballast shouldn't be hard to replace, but then it shouldn't be bad after 11 days.
To answer your other question, anything you hooked up to the set shouldn't affect the ballast

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,448 Posts
if its like the board in my 65515 then it may be your power supplie blew like mine. I did a search and found the Capcitors in the built in surge protector get smoked easy.
mine no longer comes on. it just flashs the power light non stop.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.