Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
can you hear the banjos?
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was one when i was little with my dad and brother i know jack rubicon1 on here was but anyone else?

·
Yooper
592 Posts
i was in the trailblazers as a kid, my dad kurt collins, and my uncle don collins was the president, i believe he ran the awards thing up at TQ. dad had a fj40 on 34's and uncle had "the great pumpkin" scout on 40's i still have videos i watch constantly of the runs. i have video of your green fj on gumbos

·
can you hear the banjos?
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we didnt join untill 95 96 ish and left when all the new people start taking over the club.

gene was the president for a while then jack lots of guys id like to see whats up

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
i was in the trailblazers as a kid, my dad kurt collins, and my uncle don collins was the president, i believe he ran the awards thing up at TQ. dad had a fj40 on 34's and uncle had "the great pumpkin" scout on 40's i still have videos i watch constantly of the runs. i have video of your green fj on gumbos

I was in the North woods trail blazers my self

its funny but I suck at names and Don salo (SP) just jumped in there Ihe had a Scout on 42 or 44's and thaTQ swamp run was a blast or the Garlic trail by NMU was also a fun day of winching in the spring

·
Registered
7,508 Posts

do you know if ted and beth collins are still around? my mom was wondering. I have those same videos and watch them all the time. we always ran with the trailblazers at TQ because rut runners pussed out and would not go until the last couple years.

·
Not as old as Whiterhino
1,160 Posts
WOW, Don Collins.....How's Don doing? He and I go way back to when he was in the club @ MTU. And I do remember the The Great Pumpkin. There as only a handful of Scouts back then.
jim-kb8ymf

·
787 Posts
I remember your dad & uncle they are great guys. I also remember Don Salo, they were a blast to run with. They always Knew where all the really nasty mud was.

·
Yooper
592 Posts
ted and beth are my aunt and uncle, they are doing fine although ted has moved on to fourwheelers but still comes out. my uncle don still has the scout on 40's now, he also has a yota pretty well set up. don salo still has his rig also and goes out once in awhile. The NMU Trailcats, the club im in now still runs the garlic and nash quite a bit and its still pretty slimy.

·
Old Guys Rule
96 Posts
OK I'll drop my "Hey There" into this thread. Black Scout ,38 Hawgs,custom soft top,I bought some soft doors from Don Collins at a GLFWD meeting a hundred years ago.
T Q swamp rats RULED back in the day.Telephone Jack,Dry Lake Beds,Horseshoe Taqua
man those were some mud trails.I would sure like to run some of those trails again.
Don C,Ted C, Don S. Greg M. All Northwoods Trailblazers Awesome guys !!!!!!
Bob C EX Pres Rut Runners West

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.