Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
№ ™℮ Ђ ώº®қ Θה ς├│‡ﺝ
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and i decided to go camping one more time before we have our baby in October. We usually tent it and love it, but this time with her being preggers she wants to rent a pop up or camper. Any one know of a good place in Muskegon, Michigan that might be able to help. I looked into lake shore but i cant pull a 27' and i don't want to play 900 for a week.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If there was some way to protect myself (since I don't know you) you could use ours free....Just chip in for a couple things it needs. It's older but so what.

·
№ ™℮ Ђ ώº®қ Θה ς├│‡ﺝ
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If there was some way to protect myself (since I don't know you) you could use ours free....Just chip in for a couple things it needs. It's older but so what.
Thanks Bronco,
I understand thanks for the ofer but i might just find one to rent.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If you rent a camper, DO NOT light up a blacklight inside.

You just don't want to know.....
Always gotta ruin everyone's great ideas don't you?

Make sure you check the ceiling, walls, windows and every door handle with said black light as well.

·
extra on the SLOW
662 Posts
Most camper dealers have 5 or so that they rent out on a schedule...call em and ask!

I rented a 12 ft camper that weighed about 3500lbs. Towed it with the WJ overland (it was a bit much tongue weight)

Took it to silver lake for 4 days, it was GREAT....it rained for an entire night, and me plus 2 other people were able to sleep comfortably, as well as cook/eat dinner/breakfast with plenty of room for everyone to sprawl out and relax to wait out the rain.

A 12ft popup was more than enough room but not so long we couldn't manage it, although if you have the $$ and capacity to rent a full size standing trailer it'd be even better!

$900 a week doesn't sound too high for a 27'

·
Gustafson
10,006 Posts
Most camper dealers have 5 or so that they rent out on a schedule...call em and ask!
x2

I know General RV rents them. Here is the closest one to you.

12410 Dixie Highway
Birch Run, MI 48415-9323
(989) 624-7000

·
GeoDude
2,525 Posts
you could also look into the bigger campgrounds and usually they will have neat little log cabins that can be had pretty cheap with a gas fireplace and electric. we got one on our vacation for $45.

·
Registered
828 Posts
What kind of things does it need?
A couple fittings on the water system, new screens, and a "living hinge" on the four sidewalls...
Nothing major really.

And new mattress covers. The zip over covers were missing when I bought it so it is just a foam pad in the front/back beds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts