Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, can someone tell me what type of crane (and size) these drawings are modeled after?
I'm working on a project on the West side, and need to find a drawing of a wheeled crane that can lift approx. 10 ton.

·
Oldbie
4,835 Posts
A crane like the one in that drawing should lift 10 ton. The question is how high do you need to go and how far in do you need to boom in with that kind of weight.

I think that's called an all terrain or rough terrain crane.

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
A crane like the one in that drawing should lift 10 ton. The question is how high do you need to go and how far in do you need to boom in with that kind of weight.
Boom extention of about 60 ft, I need to clear the full length of Flat Bed.
We are moving 6 Fiberglass Tanks through the roof of a 40 ft tall building (20ft of which is underground). The tanks are about 36 ft tall

·
Oldbie
4,835 Posts
You're going to need a pretty good sized crane for that. Call Gelock or Pioneer Construction in GR. They can tell you exactly what you need.

Unless you area at a sandy or rough jobsite you will not need a crane like the one in the picture.

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're going to need a pretty good sized crane for that. Call Gelock or Pioneer Construction in GR. They can tell you exactly what you need.

Unless you area at a sandy or rough jobsite you will not need a crane like the one in the picture.
We have minimal room, that is to narrow for the Big Cranes. We also have large underground tanks that we have to make sure we don't fall through.

This job is going to be fun.

·
Somehow still alive..
651 Posts
I'd say call Gelock in GR. The have everything from 5 ton Brodersons to a 300ton Liebherr, and they are a Heavy Haul company, so they can probably do the best as far as trucking it in and then positioning it.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
Helicopter.:thumb:

Oh yeah....call me when you need that big hole in the roof fixed.
I initially thought air-crane too, until I saw the 10ton requirement o_O

I'm sure there are some out there, but the one that set the HVAC units on top of the new Target in Fenton I think was only rated for like 4,500 lbs.

yeah: http://www.constructionhelicopter.com/aboutus.htm

they may be able to refer you to someone with a meatier chopper tho

·
CRANES ARE COOL
686 Posts
Cranes Our Cool

Boom extention of about 60 ft, I need to clear the full length of Flat Bed.
We are moving 6 Fiberglass Tanks through the roof of a 40 ft tall building (20ft of which is underground). The tanks are about 36 ft tall
Hey FF sorry did not get to computer till now. The cranes in pictures ,one looks to be 15-18 ton based on the flop down outrigger design, the other rough terrain looks to be a 30-50 ton class machine. From the sounds of your desciption to handle the 20,000#/10 ton pcs. they may be light. Geloch and Erickson are friend sof ours and should be able to help you. We have several cranes on that side of town, but they are working for others, if in the area maybe we can get them shared. If you need to call prior to Mon. you can call my cell 313 304 7216 I can have sales estimator there for you Mon. If emergency I can run across this weekend to help see what you need. I also have 24 hr. number to some of our crane friends there., If you elect to wait till Mon. call our office at 313 531-2700 or 800 750 6698 ask for dispatch if you have, accurate wt., distance crane can get to bldg., ht. of bldg., distance over edge of bldg., rigging reqd. and known underground hazards you spoke of, dispatch can give you cost over phone. Normally the least expensive will be a local crane due to the travel time involved, but you never know for sure. Give us a call we will do our best to help you out. Thanks for thinking of CONNELLY

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey FF sorry did not get to computer till now. The cranes in pictures ,one looks to be 15-18 ton based on the flop down outrigger design, the other rough terrain looks to be a 30-50 ton class machine. From the sounds of your desciption to handle the 20,000#/10 ton pcs. they may be light. Geloch and Erickson are friend sof ours and should be able to help you. We have several cranes on that side of town, but they are working for others, if in the area maybe we can get them shared. If you need to call prior to Mon. you can call my cell 313 304 7216 I can have sales estimator there for you Mon. If emergency I can run across this weekend to help see what you need. I also have 24 hr. number to some of our crane friends there., If you elect to wait till Mon. call our office at 313 531-2700 or 800 750 6698 ask for dispatch if you have, accurate wt., distance crane can get to bldg., ht. of bldg., distance over edge of bldg., rigging reqd. and known underground hazards you spoke of, dispatch can give you cost over phone. Normally the least expensive will be a local crane due to the travel time involved, but you never know for sure. Give us a call we will do our best to help you out. Thanks for thinking of CONNELLY
I'm actually in the "Proposal Stage" for the engineeiring and design, the project wont start until this winter, but I need to get the research done.
This area in certain spots could be unstable, so a lot of research has to be done yet.

Thank you for the information, I will call you soon, and see about getting some more info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts