Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Glad I'm not Gay J. Hall!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 93 with 105k on it. I'm stumped on this thing. Runs great down the highway at 75mph, idles fine. But for some reason it is dying when run between 25 and 45 mph. I have replaced the TPS, CPS, Battery, New fuel pump. For some reason when I start it sometimes the fuel pump don't kick on, wait a few min and it starts again. Sometimes it runs hours at a time others a few min. I'm baffled, could it be the computer? Let me know what you guys think.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
there are no codes and there is no fuel pressure after it dies it takes about 10 min then the fuel pump will kick on again, i can hear it when it starts, but it don't turn on when it don't start, I swapped the relay under the hood with the starter relay since they are the same and it did the same thing. spark is good!

It acts like the computer needs a rest to start the jeep up again!

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
You need to see if the fuel pump has power and ground when it dies. Maybe u could run a straight power wire to the pump on a switch, when it dies hit the switch and see if the pump powers back up. (just a thought)

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need to see if the fuel pump has power and ground when it dies. Maybe u could run a straight power wire to the pump on a switch, when it dies hit the switch and see if the pump powers back up. (just a thought)
I haven't checked out that, if there is no power there has to be something that is not sending the power

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
some of the aftermarket fuel pumps are complete junk. If it's getting power and ground and not pumping fuel, it went bad already.

Does it make a difference if the tank is full or empty? They are cooled by the fuel in the tank. If you have more problems with the tank empty, the pump may be overheating and shutting off.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some of the aftermarket fuel pumps are complete junk. If it's getting power and ground and not pumping fuel, it went bad already.

Does it make a difference if the tank is full or empty? They are cooled by the fuel in the tank. If you have more problems with the tank empty, the pump may be overheating and shutting off.
Makes no difference if it's full or empty, It hasn't done it since i made this post, as soon as it does i'm gonna check for power, i really don't want to take that thing apart again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts