Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
"The thought of somebody vandalizing it never crossed my mind," said Gareth Groves, 32, who lives with his mother in a three-story home in the 3400 block of Brandywine Street NW in American University Park. "I've kind of been in shock."

The dude is 32 and lives with mommy? I bet that big bad Hummer with the rims looks real tough when he parks it and goes inside to have dinner with mum.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Neighbor Lucille Liem, 37, who owns a Prius hybrid, said that a common sentiment in the neighborhood is that large vehicles are impractical and a strain on the Earth -- and Hummers in particular are a symbol of consumer excess.

sounds like a couple 4x4 clubs should drive over to the guys house for a party. LOL bet the neighbors would like that.

and how small is his garage that he can't fit it in there. most TJ's sitting on 33's and bigger are the height of a hummer and they still fit in the garage. at least mine does.

EDIT:......didn't see the part about the "lift kit".

·
There watching me! (.)(.)
11,461 Posts
sounds like a couple 4x4 clubs should drive over to the guys house for a party. LOL bet the neighbors would like that.

and how small is his garage that he can't fit it in there. most TJ's sitting on 33's and bigger are the height of a hummer and they still fit in the garage. at least mine does.

Roadtrip!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
i also like how they use the dealer windowsticker mileage. i'll believe that a prius gets 48mpg when i see it.

just a couple months ago i was watching a news report where they said that the sticker shock is the "estimated" mpg under perfect conditions. but by the time you throw in real world conditions, combined with driving habits and location, and suddenly the mpg isn't anywhere near the window sticker on those hybrids.

maybe 48mpg on a nice day doing 55mph on the freeway with the wind in your back.

but not in the city with stop and go, then freeway at 70 with headwind. highly doubt it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Id like to see his monthly payment. I bet mom co-signed right after dinner on his 1400 dollar payment for 72 months. The only month that he will have it before it gets repoed it got jacked......

funny but I would kill the SOB that hit my truck like that.

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
Neighbor Lucille Liem, 37, who owns a Prius hybrid, said that a common sentiment in the neighborhood is that large vehicles are impractical and a strain on the Earth -- and Hummers in particular are a symbol of consumer excess.

It said in there that he has 38s on it, the pic didn't look like it, but I did not see that part of the lift kit either.

·
There watching me! (.)(.)
11,461 Posts
Id like to see his monthly payment. I bet mom co-signed right after dinner on his 1400 dollar payment for 72 months. The only month that he will have it before it gets repoed it got jacked......

funny but I would kill the SOB that hit my truck like that.
He lives at home with his mom, paid cash I bet. I own a H-2 and I sure don't pay that a month. It's just shitty when you work and buy what you want thats nice (what ever that is for you) somebody has to fu*k with it.

·
The guy Dale doesn't know
4,182 Posts
Who cares. Many people have different reasons for doing so.
the customers of his business probably care.

Groves, who grew up in the District and works in marketing for a local radio station, said he wanted the car in part because he is starting a company, Washington Sports Marketing, that is "image-based."

·
Team Molasses #5
46 Posts
The thing to do is fix the hummer and put the loudest exhaust on it. Drive it around at all hours of the night and day to remind the neighbors the consumer excess I am indulging in. Tell work I am taking a couple days off work (if I actually work or live off mom) and wait in the bushes of my mom’s house and jump the tree huggers with pepper spray and a stun gun to teach them a lesson.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
The thing to do is fix the hummer and put the loudest exhaust on it. Drive it around at all hours of the night and day to remind the neighbors the consumer excess I am indulging in. Tell work I am taking a couple days off work (if I actually work or live off mom) and wait in the bushes of my mom’s house and jump the tree huggers with pepper spray and a stun gun to teach them a lesson.
he should get a diesel and blow black smoke clouds all over the place.

·
Registered
191 Posts
He lives at home with his mom, paid cash I bet. I own a H-2 and I sure don't pay that a month. It's just shitty when you work and buy what you want thats nice (what ever that is for you) somebody has to fu*k with it.
I bet with everything he had done to that car the final price could easily be 70k. Over 72 months thats approx 1000$ a month, and if he had real bad credit (judging by the pic I say he would have a good chance) his intrest rate could be 20% easily. I had a couple by a 45K Aspen with 20% intest and their payment was STEEP! Anywho. Still shitty.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
judging by the pic??? dude that's so gay to say that.

that's like when people look at me and think i have bad credit because of my piercings and tats and all. when in fact i have near perfect credit and all my shit is paid for.

and judging people like that can screw you out of good business. the snapon guy treated me like that. so when i one day decided to drop $4,000 on tools, i gave it to the matco tool guy while the snapon guy was watching. bet he wished he wouldn't have judged me on my looks.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
judging by the pic??? dude that's so gay to say that.

that's like when people look at me and think i have bad credit because of my piercings and tats and all. when in fact i have near perfect credit and all my shit is paid for.

and judging people like that can screw you out of good business. the snapon guy treated me like that. so when i one day decided to drop $4,000 on tools, i gave it to the matco tool guy while the snapon guy was watching. bet he wished he wouldn't have judged me on my looks.
Thats so true about judging people on appearence. my good buddy was a sales man at the ford dealer and he had a guy come in with cover alls and dirt all over him. non of the other sales folks would look his way. when my friend saw him he walked up to him an asked him what he'd like to see. the guy said He wanted the truck over in the corner of the lot and would he write up. when my friend asked if he needed financing he reached in to his coveralls and pulled out a roll of cash. paid sticker and didn't squabble a bit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.