Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
So here's what it says right in that link:
"However, early estimates predict that the overall COVID-19 recovery rate is between 97% and 99.75%."

Typical cherry picking of numbers to suit the agenda, just go with whichever end of the ranges helps make your case.
You can't say its cherry picking because nowhere in the article says that the recovery rate has changed from early estimates. I could see it called cherry picking if there was a different set of numbers that differed from the original.
If the have new recovery rate numbers I'd like to see what those are. Until then healthcare professionals will go with the first predicted numbers.
I think those are really good odds of beating this illness. Better than other sicknesses, don't you think?

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,371 Posts
The mean of 97 and 99.75 is 98.375. If a person is going to throw out a single number from that report, 98.375 is the ONLY number that should be used.

·
offensive 2 the sensitive
2,853 Posts
With all due respect, quit living in fear. Such a deadly virus, but yet your allowed to go back to normal after just ten days without having a negative test. Bu Bu Bu Bulllllsshhiiiittttt.

·
Yooper In Training
7,168 Posts
With all due respect, quit living in fear. Such a deadly virus, but yet your allowed to go back to normal after just ten days without having a negative test. Bu Bu Bu Bulllllsshhiiiittttt.
Well I'll be damned, we managed to find someone that I'm even less likely to follow medical, and general life, advice from than Aber.

Reactions: feva4u and brewmenn

·
2,853 Posts
Well I'll be damned, we managed to find someone that I'm even less likely to follow medical, and general life, advice from than Aber.
Few too many commas.

·
Yooper In Training
7,168 Posts
Few too many commas.
Sorry, I'm sure all those sentence pauses play absolute hell with your mouth breathing while having to whisper the words as you read them.

Reactions: CSFJ

·
2,853 Posts
I've become use to it as recently society has established the same common level of education you display.

·
Yooper In Training
7,168 Posts
I've become use to it as recently society has established the same common level of education you display.
Not enough commas.

·
Hang all the thieves
1,728 Posts
Oh, he's a comma expert now? It wasn't very long ago that apostrophes and contractions left him lost in the woods.

·
2,853 Posts
Oh, he's a comma expert now? It wasn't very long ago that apostrophes and contractions left him lost in the woods.
With time comes perfection

·
Yooper In Training
7,168 Posts
Reactions: CSFJ

·
2,853 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts