Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I having one of those days,..................anybody want to stop in Thursday Night and help me change out my alternator on my XJ. (at least I think its the alternator)
Jumped in my rig this morning to go to work and the engine light stayed on, I looked at the guages and I'm only showing 4 amps on my meter.

I'm still a little wobbly, from my ankle injury and I appreciate any help.....

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one?.................Where are all the VVhores? Yeah, I know I'm not a member, but I have a pretty decent Brothel, just ask TJ.

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
Sorry man, any other weekend I would be up there, but we all are leaving Thurs night/Fri morn

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
I will call ya on sunday when we get back to randys to make sure you got it under control

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks General for coming out and helping...............The alternator is dead, so I'm having it rebuilt on Monday. My daughter has goalie camp in the beginning of the week so I will be putting it in on Thursday Night 7pm........

:beer: is on me, if anybody wants to come out and help.

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I brought the alternator to A1 Electric in Grand Rapids this morning, and planned on dropping it off. Props to some awesome people, these guys are good.
He tested, then broke the case apart in less then 3 minutes, and checked the brushes, (which were bad). He showed them to me, I go okay,.....then he blew out the alternator cleaned the inside and replaced the brushes. $15 dollars, and 15 minutes later, I was out of there with my alternator ready to go.:thumb:

PM me if you are coming Thursday evening, I will send you my address.

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The General had to bail, because personal reasons..........I think he was just afraid we were going to make him do all the work........:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: .....Just kidding

So, just to let everybody know, I plan on doing most of the work, all you have to do is hand me a wrench or a helping hand every once and awhile, and drink my :beer: (if you are legal age that is)

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
The General had to bail, because personal reasons..........I think he was just afraid we were going to make him do all the work........:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: .....Just kidding
:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

·
15,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, who's coming over tonight,............I need to know how much :beer: to pick up.
Right now, it looks like two 40 ouncers will do it.:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Was having the same problem as you, dropped 180 bucks for a new battery that has a 1000 cranking amps, and a new alternator and now I'm in the 14 range....
Ppl bitch and say I'm stupid for droppin that much money down on a battery, but once you get sick of having to hit your truck with the jump box every day....no problems anymore.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts