Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to do a trade on an AK47. It's a Century Arms GP1975 sporter. Claims 30 rounds through it. I've never sought out an AK so I know next to 0 about them.

·
Supreme Chancelor!
2,303 Posts
I paid 565 for mine new. It is a century arms with milled upper and receiver and wood laminated multiple color stock. I got a reasonable deal in my opinion. Two new ones auctioned this week at the not just guns sale and the went mid 600 range.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok thanks, he offered it on trade for about 550 worth of rc cars and on gunbroker they are all above $600, I figure the value of guns holds way better than rc cars so if it was in the ballpark why not. I'm meeting him tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guy backed out as soon as I requested the SN so I could have my local PD run it to make sure it wasn't stolen. :hack:

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
Guy backed out as soon as I requested the SN so I could have my local PD run it to make sure it wasn't stolen. :hack:
Ummm, I think I would be giving his info to the authorities.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Ummm, I think I would be giving his info to the authorities.
meh. I've never given the serial number of a long gun to any potential buyer, and not sure if I would just blindly give it to someone online.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
meh. I've never given the serial number of a long gun to any potential buyer, and not sure if I would just blindly give it to someone online.
Am i missing something? Can someone steal your gun by just having the serial number? Not trying to be a smart ass, just curious as to why a potential buyer having the serial number could be a bad thing?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Am i missing something? Can someone steal your gun by just having the serial number? Not trying to be a smart ass, just curious as to why a potential buyer having the serial number could be a bad thing?
My only guess would be that they could turn around and report it stolen and then turn you in?? Or you know... Tin foil hat wearing stuff.

·
Balls Deep
4,569 Posts
Most departments wont run the number for you anyway, so it's not much value unless you want to know its build date, which you likely won't get on an ak anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had read from a few sources that most departments will and if you are on good terms with your local gun shop they can run it also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts