Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I didn't see the price justifialbe so I made my own for less then a 100.

I wanted something custom so I painted it the same color as my jeep. Co2 20lb bottle.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my dad got one at work and took it to get hydrostic tested theygave us a newer one we painted it today

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
my dad got one at work and took it to get hydrostic tested theygave us a newer one we painted it today
"I couldn't justfy the price of the ultimate air, so I had my pops steal one from work"

:tonka:

42,948 Posts
When you purchase an ultimate air tank, your not really paying for the tank, tanks are cheap.

Looks like your missing about $120.00 worth of accesories in order to use it.

·
Swamp Stomper
8,179 Posts
I was able to use a $60 regulator with a bottle I had laying arouns, but I'm not very happy withit for use out on the trail. Actually It's not the use, it's the storage, and worrying about the reg getting damaged, the ones that are sold from ULtimate Air are much nicer for carrying in a vehicle.

Also I thought the Ultimate Air tanks are aluminum which would be nicer too.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Clarkston
ummm lets see I have a dual stage Co2 regulator, the quick disconnect air jacks, I have the same boot they sell, and the hose.. oooppp forgot I also have the same nozzle protector so what am i missing? all for a grand total of a tank fill, hydrostatic test, and paint..... where did I go wrong?

just to clarify my dad really didn't steal it.

·
5,820 Posts
Clarkston
ummm lets see I have a dual stage Co2 regulator, the quick disconnect air jacks, I have the same boot they sell, and the hose.. oooppp forgot I also have the same nozzle protector so what am i missing? all for a grand total of a tank fill, hydrostatic test, and paint..... where did I go wrong?

just to clarify my dad really didn't steal it.
I guess it was the fact that your title is misleading in that one would assume you BOUGHT an ultimate air tank and had it customized, this does not appear to be the case? Did you buy the accessories from ultimate air?

A little clarification can go a long way. :thumb:

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
painting a CO2 bottle... certainly worthy of a new thread...

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
So basically you have no involvement with UA, but because you can get stuff for super cheap from your dad's employer, this somehow entitles you to imply that UA is ripping people off for the products and incredible customer service they provide? 'Splain please.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I never once stated his air systerm was garbage so before you all of you start knocking me or THAT they were ripping people off. I clearly stated that I made my own kit. I don't justify the price of the UA kit. I can make the same kit for alot less. and have better componets. So take a deep breath people and calm down.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
I never once stated his air systerm was garbage so before you all of you start knocking me or THAT they were ripping people off. I clearly stated that I made my own kit. I don't justify the price of the UA kit. I can make the same kit for alot less. and have better componets. So take a deep breath people and calm down.
well since this is a site based on sharing share your sources and prices please.. some people would like to also have this great opportunity.. pics would be nice too!

1 - 20 of 243 Posts