Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I got a gold chain
16,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you eastside guys do airbrushing?
My son is getting a new R/C truck and needs the body painted.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Well, I had a guy do mine a few years back, but his site seems to be gone now. Was called FCA Graffix.

If you wanna save some cash (my paintjob was $75 + cost of the body), just buy some Pactra (make sure you get polycarbonate paint) rattle cans. The finish is pretty good, and if this is his first R/C, it's unlikely the body will last very long so no point in an expensive paint job.

By guitardrumr, shot with Digimax 420 at 2007-08-22
This body (middle) is a one color rattle job, with the included decals done over it. I was using this one for racing, so I didn't want to spend a bunch of time on it. I didn't even bother masking the windows. I ended up having my senior class sign it before I raced it, which is why it's covered in signatures.

EDIT: Thought I'd add, since I don't know if you've had previous experience with hobby level R/C...when you paint the body, your supposed to paint the inside to the paint doesn't wear off. If you want to do a multi color design, spray your darker colors first, or they'll tint the lighter colors.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Check out the Taylor Gibraltar Trade Center, they usually have a guy painting Tupac shirts that might be able to help you out.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
It's really not hard to learn to do and probably the most fun of putting the RC together.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,283 Posts
Check out the Taylor Gibraltar Trade Center, they usually have a guy painting Tupac shirts that might be able to help you out.
Excellent suggestion. :beer:

Another source is the local fair. Look for the vendor selling custom license plates that announce significant other's names with a unicorn crapping on a rainbow background.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts