Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It's the Wife & Mom here!
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts to the Air Lift bags for the rear coils of a TJ? Or any other thoughts of what to do? Have a 6" long arm suspension kit on the TJ. When traveling and the roof rack is pretty loaded, it bottoms out. Or, if 4 adults in it, it tends to bottom when offroading. Any opinions grateful!

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
There's a company that makes 4-8 inch bag kits to go with the RE longarm lift for offroading. Gives you roll and tilt control for stability and adjustments for ride height and load. I just forget the name right now.

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
We wheeled with a guy in KY that had air bags. It was pretty sweet the way he could adjust the stance for various obtacles.

He lives in Troy, but is not part of the board.

Killer B did the install for him.

·
2257 Compliant
331 Posts
I used “Air Lift” bags in my stock TJ for a couple of years. They were pretty tough and never did leak. Real good when towing the boat or when I had a backseat full of passengers. If I recall they weren’t terribly expensive, under $100?

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks to any replies. After a bit more research and asking lots of questions we ordered the Air Lift 1000 airbags for the rear coils. Can't loose at all.....they offer 60 days ride satisfaction. They give 100% back if you don't like them (plus no s&h). We will be putting them in Friday. Will have to load up the TJ or put some larger people (not our youngins) in the back and take it out to test. The best test will be in October when have 4 men in the Jeep on Drummond Island!! Thanks Again!

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
Thanks to any replies. After a bit more research and asking lots of questions we ordered the Air Lift 1000 airbags for the rear coils. Can't loose at all.....they offer 60 days ride satisfaction. They give 100% back if you don't like them (plus no s&h). We will be putting them in Friday. Will have to load up the TJ or put some larger people (not our youngins) in the back and take it out to test. The best test will be in October when have 4 men in the Jeep on Drummond Island!! Thanks Again!
Cool. Make sure you give us a full report of what you think, maybe it can go into the Jeep Tech FAQ, for future reference.

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so far so good

We got the air lifts and they installed good. So far all is Great with them. Looks like they are exactly what we needed.

The TRUE test will be when going to Drummond Island in October with 4 guys riding in it! That should be a true weight test :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts