·
Registered
1,733 Posts
keep them if they work! they make your jeep a LOT safer

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
I'd do two things:

Go on ebay and put watches the auctions if they are there.

Go on Car-part.com and search for your airbags and see what the scrap yards are charging.

·
8,046 Posts
keep them if they work! they make your jeep a LOT safer
His are disconnected anyway. The way he wheels, they would have gone off several times by now. Hell, last time on Drummond they would have went when he rear ended Muddypaws.:tonka:

·
Mall Rated
1,568 Posts
His are disconnected anyway. The way he wheels, they would have gone off several times by now. Hell, last time on Drummond they would have went when he rear ended Muddypaws.:tonka:
Surprise buttsecks makes airbags go off?

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts

I do the testing on them, they don't go of by just wheeling. the low threshold is 16 mph into a solid concrete wall that is 500,000lbs and sunk 14' into the ground. something tells me Tims Jeep ain't that heavy.

secondly the Bags are programed to the vehicle. if you start swaping out bags they may react different when used with another systems timers & deploy devices.

·
8,046 Posts
Either way, if he keeps them they don't work. If he sells them they wont help. I guess he could put them back in service, but I don't see that happening.

5,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont use them. the vehicle is barley street driven. I dont care about my saftey and no one ever rides in it with me. they have been disabled for 1 year for some reason.

I have been in one situation where they possibly wouldve gone off if they where not broken. :tonka:

·
Gnarley Davidson
3,520 Posts
haahaha i remember a certain tree that was victim of your front bumper which brought you to a dead stop haha. fuck airbags.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts