Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
You call, we haul.
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who was it that worked at the Waterford-area Harley dealership? I want to say that it's Mr Green, but I can't remember for sure.

In any regards, I'd like to come in and talk to someone about the XR1200. Preferably someone who knows what they are selling and not just what the website/ brochure says. It's a pretty unique looking bike, and I just so happen to be in the market for a larger V-twin sport/cruiser bike.

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,031 Posts
John Atherton, Lowlok here or RJ, Icemanii both work there but id give Jon a call cause hes a salesman.

·
You call, we haul.
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the whole point, really. I was previously considering the Ducati Sport Classic, Ducati Monster 1100, and the Triumph Speed Triple.

I really enjoy the hooligan-styled naked bikes, including the older Cafe style bikes. I'm currently riding a Ducati Monster 620, which is fun, but just not enough bike for me. I'd like something larger, both dimensionally and engine-wise.

Wasn't really even considering HD until I saw the XR1200, but that quickly slid into the top slot on my next purchase list. If one of the chuckleheads from the board here can get me one, that's probably what I'll end up with. Otherwise, the Ducati regime in my garage will continue.

·
WWSD - What would stan do
11,206 Posts
Who was it that worked at the Waterford-area Harley dealership? I want to say that it's Mr Green, but I can't remember for sure.

In any regards, I'd like to come in and talk to someone about the XR1200. Preferably someone who knows what they are selling and not just what the website/ brochure says. It's a pretty unique looking bike, and I just so happen to be in the market for a larger V-twin sport/cruiser bike.
Call ABC and ask for Adam, LowLock is in Hawaii right now. Adam knows his stuff as well.

·
You call, we haul.
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"but just not enough bike for me"
Of all of the things I've said in the past few days, and all of the threads I've been in... this is the best you can do? I thought you were just an ass-packing douchecanoe before, but now I think I actually have a bit of pity for you.

But since you mentioned it, the Ducati does tend to have a smaller seating position, especially if you consider a passenger. Perhaps I've made the right choice on looking at the HD, since they usually have larger seats to fit my larger ass. I'm not quite as big as the dude in the picture, but I'm probably only a couple boxes of twinkies off.

·
You call, we haul.
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Call ABC and ask for Adam, LowLock is in Hawaii right now. Adam knows his stuff as well.
Excellent, thanks Hacksaw. Did you ever end up with a new bike? I remember your "incident" from earlier in the year... Between you, T-Way, and the other guy from here who got hit (Stan, maybe?) I was a little nervous about bikes in general, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Was plenty warm to ride today. I went out for a few hours.
Thought about it. I even went out to the garage to fire it up, but no such luck. I need a new battery, I think. Had a tender on it since the day I garaged it for the Winter, was reading 13V, but still wouldn't crank the engine over. Just clicked the solenoid a few times.

·
Pickup Agent
2,094 Posts
Of all of the things I've said in the past few days, and all of the threads I've been in... this is the best you can do? I thought you were just an ass-packing douchecanoe before, but now I think I actually have a bit of pity for you.

But since you mentioned it, the Ducati does tend to have a smaller seating position, especially if you consider a passenger. Perhaps I've made the right choice on looking at the HD, since they usually have larger seats to fit my larger ass. I'm not quite as big as the dude in the picture, but I'm probably only a couple boxes of twinkies off.
Oh, it's not my best work, I'll be the first to admit. But what I may lack at times, in creativity, I more than make up for with insight. You see, I had only guessed that you were above average in the girth department. Go ahead and use your foul-mouthed attempt at humor to belittle me. I expect no less from you.

Warms my ice cold heart, to know that I stuck a nerve.
:sonicjay:

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
That's the whole point, really. I was previously considering the Ducati Sport Classic, Ducati Monster 1100, and the Triumph Speed Triple.

I really enjoy the hooligan-styled naked bikes, including the older Cafe style bikes. I'm currently riding a Ducati Monster 620, which is fun, but just not enough bike for me. I'd like something larger, both dimensionally and engine-wise.

Wasn't really even considering HD until I saw the XR1200, but that quickly slid into the top slot on my next purchase list. If one of the chuckleheads from the board here can get me one, that's probably what I'll end up with. Otherwise, the Ducati regime in my garage will continue.
i love the stripped down look of the ducani monster

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Lowlock is the sales manager. He will be back from vacation after the 1st of the year. Adam is there right now. I am not back to work for a couple more weeks myself.

Adam is quite knowledgeable, but Lowlock will be able to get you the best deal, as all deals go thru him anyway.

·
You call, we haul.
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lowlock is the sales manager. He will be back from vacation after the 1st of the year. Adam is there right now. I am not back to work for a couple more weeks myself.

Adam is quite knowledgeable, but Lowlock will be able to get you the best deal, as all deals go thru him anyway.
Gracias, sir. Thanks for the reply, and I'll be sure to come in and talk to at least one of you guys. Should I wait around for Lowlock to get back, or should I just go in and talk to Adam? I'm off this week, so making a trip out to your side of the world won't be a rushed "after work" issue. Not so much worried about getting a "deal" (reduced price) as helping out a familiar face. I'd rather the commission go to someone I've at least heard of, than someone I've never spoken to before then.

Oh, it's not my best work, I'll be the first to admit. But what I may lack at times, in creativity, I more than make up for with insight. You see, I had only guessed that you were above average in the girth department. Go ahead and use your foul-mouthed attempt at humor to belittle me. I expect no less from you.

Warms my ice cold heart, to know that I stuck a nerve.
Damn good reply... actually alot better than I was expecting. Didn't really strike a nerve, but you definitely hit the nail right on the head. Glad to see I can still lure a decent response out of people. It's refreshing to hear something other than "No u, ya ***!" or "Your mom". Congrats, sir, you win this round.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.