Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I am conducting a test. I want you all to go the www.michigan.gov page and see how many screens you have to click through before you find the ORV/ATV page.

the rules, no using the search bar on the site.

the second part of this is how many screens you have to go through from the main page to the trail maps page(which has been moved)

good luck. and let me know what you find out.

·
SlowBalt SS
2,493 Posts
21 before i stoped and all i found was what i needed to ride a snowmobile in michigan.. Sorry for the short attention span.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts

I tried Environment on the left, as well as Travel & Recreation.

I searched through all of that, but finally found the ORV page by going to State Web Sites at the top and clicking on Natural Resources underneath the Executive Branch heading.

What a PITA.

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
3 but yea, that site sucks. If you didn't look at the departments drop down thingy you would never find it.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its kinda the point I have been tyring to make. it takes many passes through the maze to find the info. even when you click the resourses page its not evident as to where it is. on average I have been 6-7 pages before I find it taking different routes.

its almost like the treehuggers are running the web page and don't want us to find the info?

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
3. although if you didn't knw what you were looking for exactly I could see where it could take you a lot of looking around on there.

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
14 or so it was Hard to find

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
4 to get to DNR webpage.. and 1more to get to ORV which has the link to maps on it..

1. Homepage
2. Travel and Recreation (side bar)
3. Activities (side bar)
4. Snowmobiling in Michigan / DNR page(i knew it was orv related so i could find it there )
5. ORV/ATV (from side bar)
6. ORV/ATV Trail Maps (center of the page)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts