Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, not gunna lie, i got stuck yesterday, got myself out but now when i back up then go forward the rear end will pop and it seems like it drags, also, it did jump once going around a corner, already checked u joints, they seem find, thinking i broke something it that damn d35. any thoughts? im about to go rip the cover off it right now to see if i see anything

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,723 Posts
so, not gunna lie, i got stuck yesterday, got myself out but now when i back up then go forward the rear end will pop and it seems like it drags, also, it did jump once going around a corner, already checked u joints, they seem find, thinking i broke something it that damn d35. any thoughts? im about to go rip the cover off it right now to see if i see anything
that will answer your ???, clean out your drums also could be full of mud

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Check your pinion bearing.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i was driving and the brakes had no pressure, had to pump them to stop. looked underneath to see if there was any fluid leaking, couldnt find any, but i noticed my rear pass side shock mount is broken off at the axle, could that have anything to do with my other problems?

·
GL 4x4 Vendors
3,146 Posts
so i was driving and the brakes had no pressure, had to pump them to stop. looked underneath to see if there was any fluid leaking, couldnt find any, but i noticed my rear pass side shock mount is broken off at the axle, could that have anything to do with my other problems?
Most likely not.

You should pull the drums and inspect your brakes, I'm betting that you have some broken springs.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so yeah i pulled the drivers side drum off and the shoes fell right out, hoping i can get a new drum kit tommorow , also can i weld the shock mount or should i get a new one welded on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts