Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember a long time ago, I posted on here about that girlfriend I had who wanted kids? Well she finally broke up with me today. Kinda figured this would happen though. Hopefully my GL4x4 street cred (if I had any) won't be lost because of this post, I'm still recovering from surgery I had yesterday so I'm still kinda out of it. :beer:

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I'm 19 and in Cali visiting my mom. Sounds like a crappy vacation, just coming out to have surgery here and whatnot. Good news is I found one of my friends here from elementary school and we went wheeling. Cali wheelers sure are different, the trucks are all raked in the front.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had to have that cyst removed on my arm. Hopefully this time it won't come back, I'm sure it won't.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,748 Posts
I had to have that cyst removed on my arm. Hopefully this time it won't come back, I'm sure it won't.
what kind of cyst? Is it one of those that just keeps fluid in it or was it some sort of cancerous growth?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was a ganglion cyst. I had it removed once, it came back, had it drained, came back, and now I had it removed and was told it shouldn't come back. It hurt real bad because it was hitting my nerve in my hand.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,748 Posts
gotcha. Just read up on it those are some interesting bumps. I had a ex and a couple of co workers who had those. The real easy way to get rid of them is to hit it with a book hammer or blunt object to rupture it. I'd never get it done that way but I know people who swear by it that way (my ex being one of them).

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The last time I had it drained the doc just stabbed it with a needle and got all the fluid out, it hurt so bad. It would hurt just to touch the skin where the cyst was cuz it was hitting the nerve so much, stabbing it just pissed it off. The surgeon said that he'd cut it out and cauterize the base of the cyst so it doesn't grow back, sounds good to me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had one removed about 10 years ago - it hasn't been back yet (although, if I'm going to do a bunch of lifting or more then a few hours of typing per day, I do take the precaution & wrap my wrist... it will get sore if I don't). Good luck on that & have fun with your 'wack a mole' arm that you have for the next few days!!!!!

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, bad news kids. Guess it wasn't a cyst that was removed, it was a tumor. I don't know what kind it was, I'll ask later. Good news is that it wasn't cancerous. Bad news is that it might come back but let's hope not. And I have to have stitches in for another 2 weeks so I'm pretty screwed there, since it is on the joint.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Meh, I've had it removed before and it came back. The doc told me what it was but it was hard to remember. He will call back later on and tell me what it was.

·
Got spicy flies?
1,927 Posts
Remember a long time ago, I posted on here about that girlfriend I had who wanted kids? Well she finally broke up with me today. Kinda figured this would happen though. Hopefully my GL4x4 street cred (if I had any) won't be lost because of this post, I'm still recovering from surgery I had yesterday so I'm still kinda out of it. :beer:
Yup, I remember. I guess that she "got tired" of waiting for you to change your mind about it? :rolleyes: Good for you :thumb: This was definitely the best for both of you. And about the cyst, just don't think that "it may come back". Now it's gone and just forget that you even had one. Everything should be alright!!:nana:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts