Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a while back I bought a trailer and it had a stack of ceiling trusses setting on it the guy had no use for them so he threw them in on the deal. :woot: I had them just laying in the weeds out back until it hit me they would work perfect for a Deer stand trailer. So I dragged an old bent axle out of my scrap pile and hit the bargain bin at Alro Steel. :thumb: Now I know that it will not be pretty but it is the start to a beautiful thing.:woot: I have two 4"x6" 12 foot long left over from moving the chicken coop this past summer if I pick up two more and stand them up on end on top of these rails, I will have a great base to build a 8' x 8' platform.

Now I did not have a ton of time to work on it last night but I got a good start :thumb:

RBB

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a chance to play with the welder last night for a couple hours did not get it all done but was able to move it out of the wife's parking spot :woot:

now the plan is 4 - 4"x6" standing 12' tall anchored to this top rail with a 8' X 10' platform on top :woot: which is coincidently the same height as my up stairs windows :thumb:

RBB

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up a few more supplies this weekend :woot: this thing is going to be huge :rock:

are the photos working yet ??????

I see the photos when I log in but others are not ??:(

RBB:usa:

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found this pitcher of the ( the Deerslayer 1000 ):sonicjay: in my phone today

It has worked great for the past 2 years :thumb:

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,437 Posts
Nice littel hunting spot. Is the deer slayer 6000 gonna be fully enclosed?

Where's the hot tub going?

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So my boy informed me I needed to stop work until I had a proper blueprint of our project :teehee: So this is what he came up with now I can get back to work :woot:

Given its height :( I can not run it down the road :fish: so I am making some hinges so the tower can be tipped back to a lower height for road use and constructibility :rock:

Not bad for a bunch of scrap crap from under the work bench :thumb:

·
Registered
561 Posts
I understand why you have it on tilt, but I can not figure out how you plan to raise and lower it? Hand Winch? Power winch? Manually? Looks like it will be pretty substantial in size and weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand why you have it on tilt, but I can not figure out how you plan to raise and lower it? Hand Winch? Power winch? Manually? Looks like it will be pretty substantial in size and weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:thumb:

too tall to go down the road despite the fact it only has to travel 1.5 miles on the road :teehee:

I plan on standing it up with these one in the front to get it to 45 degrees and one in the rear to guide it down after it hits its tipping point :thumb:

we will see how it goes I might just tie it off to a tree and back up to tip it up if the quads don't work :rock:

with shit like this it is always good to have a backup plan when things are not doing what you want them to do. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This thing got renamed the " Trail Tower " and hauled out back this weekend before the ground got soft again :woot:

I want it over here NO!!! over Here NO!!! Over Here well shit !!!

RBB

1 - 20 of 20 Posts