Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well with the little girls B Day around the corner it was time to build her a set of wheels, I found this junk China Four Wheeler on the side of the road for $30 and figured I can do something with that :woot: It had been setting behind a barn for a few years with the story of it was running fine and then just stopped. :(

So out with the old :woot:

and in with the new :rock:

time for some collar :thumb:

and we got to have some glitter on there :woot:

the old straps rotted off so I just welded up some flat stock :thumb:

Added a Go Kart torque converter and new chunk of chain,:rock: the exhaust was a bit of a bitch given I reused old scrap :thumb:

and there she setts weighting for the big Unveiling :thumb:

She LOVED IT She ran it till her thumb was numb !!!
RBB:usa:

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,938 Posts
Nice!! We are discussing right now what do get my 2 year old boy and 3.5 year old daughter, the electric stuff is petty pricey, would rather do something like this for sure.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Nice!! We are discussing right now what do get my 2 year old boy and 3.5 year old daughter, the electric stuff is petty pricey, would rather do something like this for sure.
I can't tell you how often I see free electric ones on the side of the road or on the marketplace with "dead battery and no charger". I drag them home and put in a 12V lawn tractor battery and just use a typical 12V charger. They run forever with those batteries. Eventually the boys kill the electronics and we just grab another one.

We'll get a gas one eventually, but for now the boys get into enough trouble with the electric ones

·
Gustafson
9,186 Posts
I can't tell you how often I see free electric ones on the side of the road or on the marketplace with "dead battery and no charger". I drag them home and put in a 12V lawn tractor battery and just use a typical 12V charger. They run forever with those batteries. Eventually the boys kill the electronics and we just grab another one.

We'll get a gas one eventually, but for now the boys get into enough trouble with the electric ones
Hmmmm... I am a little ways away from my son being old enough to ride one. Maybe I should start looking now for one like you mentioned.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My kids started riding before they were walking :woot:

they drive our 2ups with us on them but this is her first gas powered quad that she gets to ride alone :woot:

RBB

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow that did not take long, I just stumbled on this old thread and thought I would update it, late last fall we ordered up a couple cheep China quads for the kids. I am in to them for around 1600 bucks to my door and that was better than 6000 for name brand quads, the kids love them and are getting a ton of seat time the best part is they have a reverse which not all of them do. Now they are not the best in the mud but the kids still give it hell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts