1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I'd wheel it!
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Don't poke the Bear!
417 Posts
I just put one on mine (2" RE BB) and asked questions on what was needed.
No one mentioned U-joints.

I have 1000 miles or more on mine with no problems.

·
Geocache Addict
1,462 Posts
I would highly reccommend that you check the U-Joints while you are in the front wheel wells. If bad, surely replace them. For clarification, the pictures you took are of the CV joint on your front driveshaft. The axle u-joints are located near the ends of the axle shafts, in the knuckles near the tires. And you have to pull the axle shafts to replace them. Not something you'd normally do while installing a BB.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Being that you have a WJ, I am 99.9% sure you don't have u-joints on your axle shafts. Most likely the only u-joints you have are on your rear DS

·
GVSU Jeeper
1,352 Posts
I did not start blowing my driveshaft CV untill 4" of lift and moderate wheeling. You will be fine.

·
I'd wheel it!
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Delayed

Yes I did take pictures of the Drive shaft as it comes from the transfer case and then to the front axle.

I did not know that it is refered to as a CV joint. Even though that is exactly what it looks like.

Now that we are clear as mud. Does anyone have a 2-2.5 in BB kicking around in the Garage? e-mail me ([email protected]) as I am interested in your garage sale. :woot:

Thanks for the insite from Real WJ owners!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts