Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 1999 F250 SD with 6.8L V10 with 5spd manual. I wanted to add a few gauges. Would like your thoughts...

Current dash setup has Speed, Tach both large.
Smaller on left: Fuel, Oil Pressure, Water Temp and Battery

So, The oil pressure and temp gauge don't give much feedback. They seem to be on and up, no variation. I was thinking it would be nice to mount a new oil and water temp gauge on the A-pillar. I already have the a-pillar gauge pod for 2 gauges. Really, just looking to put something there! LOL

Fuel pressure didn't seem helpful from everything I read, if it drops then you'd want to know, but outside that, most build threads from various sites suggested this was a waste of a $50 gauge.

And trans temp seemed useless on a manual.

Can't find a reason to put oil temp on this truck either.

So, any feedback would be cool.

Autometer Autogauge is what I am considering.
http://b.cdnbrm.com/images/products/schem/autometer/large/autometer_autogage_2312.jpg

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Save your money and sell the pod?

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Why not aomething like an sct livewire or a bluetooth adapter and the torque app on a tablet. Thats where im going to be going with my powerstroke. Gives me music and gauges in one nice package. And for the price you cant touch gauges for everything the torque app or sct can monitor

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the scan monitors. The Bluetooth ones are cool. Thought about that too. So the general consensus has been that the V10 doesn't really any more gauges.

Ok, so I have a 2 pod a-piller gauge cluster for sale! LoL

Sent from my bag phone...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts