Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife made a comment about how she thought she lost 4wd in her Tracker. Since I had the truck on jack stands to replace the exhaust I checked into it. I started it up and put it in gear and 4 hi. I have no drive in the front wheels but the front driveshaft is indeed spinning. I didn't check any further since I needed to complete the exhaust. Where should I go from here?

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
yes, front hubs. I'd start there.

They are probably just froze in the place from not enough use.

·
Registered
527 Posts
theres an electric switch that engages the front wheels when put in 4x4. Most people dont have a problem with them, could just be a wiring issue. check out zukiworld.com. there has been some talk on there about it .

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
theres an electric switch that engages the front wheels when put in 4x4. Most people dont have a problem with them, could just be a wiring issue. check out zukiworld.com. there has been some talk on there about it .
Thanks for the hook-up. Scottie had referred me to Zuwharrie.com and I was able to find a thread referring to this issue. I was also able to download the FSM. Now I just need a warm dry place to check things out. Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts