Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1521 - 1529 of 1529 Posts

·
American
1,617 Posts
A few years ago I paid $600 for an afternoon of dyno testing on a stock ECM. Could have spent same or little more for my own Wideband O2 and HPtuners, but that would require a lot of time learning. I'm going with the $1000 on Holley Terminator and hope the self tuning is worth a shit. :D
It’s good enough to not blow the engine up, but it definitely needs some human assistance to smooth everything out. I wish I had a screenshot of my 3D fuel table before Lance did my tuning. It was very jagged and un even, now it’s a nice smooth 3D gradient.

I’m currently building my old 6.0 into a 408 stroker for my wife’s bronco (that’s a year or two out) and I 100% plan on another holley terminator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,834 Posts
The self learn gets you going. You need a wide band o2 to really dial the engine in. You dial back the o2 control authority and make changes to the table. Smooth out the cells , turn the control authority down further. Repeat till you get to 0. Then you can put the wide band o2 back to 100%.
I have a megasquirt system and have spent hours tuning over the years. Data logs are your friend! Make some det cans and you can hear for detonation.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,523 ·
Got the new exhaust in and fired it up for the first time since the fall. Wideband o2 is in and reading good, going to drive and tune for a while now.

And I got a new tool for the shop

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,834 Posts
very nice. I use my table all the time. Amazing what you can do when you can cut whatever and weld.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,528 ·
It definitely takes up a lot of real estate in the barn but it's worth it!! Unfortunately it will be a little while til I get it fired up, gotta finish some other projects first.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,529 ·
I downloaded the latest version of the 4 link calculator from irate4x4 for another project, and was amazed at how much more detailed it is now than when I last used it. So for fun I plugged all the numbers from my Jeep in. Overall I have been very happy with it on and offroad.

1521 - 1529 of 1529 Posts