Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1221 - 1240 of 1498 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,225
Yeah that lol. I'd like to get something better in mine. But space is such a premium.
The only issue I had with my old one was when I was really hammering on it in the dunes...no issues racing or trail riding.

But the fan in my wife's JK broke and that's what kind of fan I used to have, so she got my old one and I got a new one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,229
Who has a good idea for mounting the shroud to the radiator? So far my only idea is drilling and tapping a piece of 1/4" aluminum and welding it to the tank

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,230
I could also drill and tap a piece of solid aluminum bar stock and weld that to the radiator tank and use the bracket backwards

·
throttle jockey
1,656 Posts
Are you going to weld brackets on the tanks to bolt the radiator into the jeep grill? I've made brackets for the shroud that go around the radiator tanks and use the same mounting bolts the radiator uses

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,232
Are you going to weld brackets on the tanks to bolt the radiator into the jeep grill? I've made brackets for the shroud that go around the radiator tanks and use the same mounting bolts the radiator uses
I was planning on welding the pucks that wide open design makes to the tank and then making a bracket to the new frame...I never really thought about using those for the shroud too, thanks for the idea!

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,634 Posts
If you weld to the radiator I'd do whatever has the most contact area of attachment. I'd be afraid the drill round bar would potentially crack at the tank and create a leak

·
Dirty South
983 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is a scout 2 box

it is...

i recently had a talk with jeff howe at how performance about it.
i was looking for a steering gear that mounted outside the frame and his recommendation was that box over everything else.

EDIT: if you find where to get one, please share.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,236
1221 - 1240 of 1498 Posts