Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1081 - 1100 of 1543 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,084 ·
I may have found part of my problem. I bought the spool with 4.56 gears already on it and havent touched it until now. Whoever set it up put the 7/16" bolts in the .5" holes. Those holes are now egged out 100 thousands

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,086 ·
That's pretty sucky. But all should be good with them in the right spot. Are the bolts not all messed up too?
They seemed fine but I replaced them all anyways and now there in the right holes haha

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,591 Posts
Unless I can't read your pics well, it looks like .500 in one direction and .511 in the other. That's eleven thousandths. Are there scuff marks on the spool or back of the ring gear showing that the ring gear has been shifting? How about damage on the body of the bolt showing that it's been moving?

I agree that you want a better fit than that but I'm not sure I agree that it's a problem.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,088 ·
Unless I can't read your pics well, it looks like .500 in one direction and .511 in the other. That's eleven thousandths. Are there scuff marks on the spool or back of the ring gear showing that the ring gear has been shifting? How about damage on the body of the bolt showing that it's been moving?

I agree that you want a better fit than that but I'm not sure I agree that it's a problem.
Dont know how I screwed that up but your right its .011. Here is a picture of one of the holes in the spool, to me it looks like the ring gear was moving

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,089 ·
Anybody have recommendations for a really short chambered muffler? They wouldnt let me in the dunes today because of my glass packs..

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Bought this one on eBay a few years ago it's held up pretty good 5" round 12ish long I don't remember

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,092 ·
Hushpower? It's not a straight through muffler.
Thanks ill take a look at that. I have plenty of room on the passenger side but I need something less than 16" to clear the upper link mount on the drivers side. I have debated a y pipe and then run the exhaust only on the passenger side but I dont think it will work with my current manifolds

·
Yooper In Training
7,375 Posts
I bought a Summit brand Flowmaster 40 series knockoff and shortened it a bit. Basically just hack off the end caps and make it whatever length you need.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,095 ·
I bought a Summit brand Flowmaster 40 series knockoff and shortened it a bit. Basically just hack off the end caps and make it whatever length you need.
Thats a good idea, if I remember right @Toyfish did something similar to this too

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,097 ·
I cant imagine the DNR would have a problem with a modified muffler just as long as its not straight through. The other thing I have to worry about though is noise level, I think the only reason he pulled me aside before letting me in is cause even at idle my jeep is loud. He did the decibal test on me but never told me if I passed or failed he just said your mufflers are illegal and you cant go in

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,099 ·
Alright, I think I have enough seat time with my front suspension set up that's it's time for some fine tuning.

Current set up:
- fox 2.0 non resi 14" coilover 150/200 springs valved 50/70 with slider stops all the way up 200 psi nitrogen
-antirock
-foa 2.5x2.5 bumps at unknown pressure
- 6" up travel
-1" of preload

Problem 1 - it's too stiff for my liking
Problem 2 - change from coil over to bump is too drastic
Problem 3 - on the rti ramp I lift a back tire when the coilover still has 3" of shaft showing

Here is what I think I want to do
-40/60 valving
-150 psi in bumps
-slider stops down for the last inch of travel to be the primary spring
-150/175 springs?

Any and all advice is appreciated. I will be at the dunes the whole weekend of Memorial Day and I'm hoping to test a few different set ups out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1081 - 1100 of 1543 Posts