Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
welfare wheeler
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
97 wrangler sport, dark green, spice interior, 4.0L 5spd, w/ac 108,000 mi (located in hazel park,mi)[pic below]
rear super 35 w/detroit locker 30 spline evolution shafts timken bearings/seals
front d30 detroit ez locker new ujoints/unit bearings (both axles spicer 4.56 gears)
oversize heavy duty tie rods throughout (99 v8 grand cherokee)
2003 nv3550 transw/new clutch and prothane poly mount
2002 np231 rebuilt w/a.a.sye & tom woods shaft
both front and rear shafts have new joints and cv's
4in superlift springs & shocks
re superflex upper and lower control arms (front)
re superflex track bar (front)
rugged ridge stainless header w/custom head pipe(brand new 9/13/07)
tfx exhaust
"extremely hi flow cat"
k&n fipk kit
helix power tower tbi spacer
optima yellow top
new starter
tomken rear bumper(rusty)
alpine 240 watt tilt face head unit
infinity 120watt oversize front dash speakers
kenwood 6x9's in sound bar
cobra 19dx4 cb
5ft antenna(oe freightliner)
piaa super white h4 bulbs and hella housings (german issue non dot)
signal stat 300,000 cp fogs on bumper
jeep brand bikini top
duster deck cover
windjammer
soft top boot
top accessory carrying case

most of the parts are 2 to 3 years old/ tranny and tcase 1 year old

to firm up the price i will throw in the axles i was gonna swap into it.
hi pinion dana 44 front
9 inch rear, both from a 79 bronco fullsize. 65 wms 2 wms
axles are stock unopened, will need regear and lockers.
and a newer used steering gear box w/ stock pitman arm and both hoses

THE BAD-
heat and ac work well, but duct control selonoids are bad(comes out all ducts at once)
blower motor only works on hi(blower resistor)
could use a top (would do for a while, all zippers work)
could use a power steering pump but it works for now

looking for $7000.00(well under blue book value)all trades considered! make an offer i wont be offended!
interested in jetskis, boats, snowmobiles, buggy projects, 79/80 4 spd chevy monza, dual sport motorcycle(street legal) at least 250cc, 4 spd amx, 4 spd camaro,
travel trailer, unfinished jeep projects, 4 spd blazer, samauri, early bronco, guns, ect..

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
how crusty is the frame/tub/fenders? any rust? (most have it by this age)

pics?

·
welfare wheeler
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thx for the pic post snowman43, i tried puttin some up but no go for me. im interested in all trades. sorry ckhanna im not a street bike guy usually(although a triumph would be nice). id like to see the xj in person and how much cash were talkin. keep makin offers i wont be offended. got 3 guys that pmed me that wanna come look at it.
ryebread, it has some surface crust on the frame, alot less than most ive seen. if i was dishionest id just undercoat it like most the other guys would.
i just cleaned it fairly deeply last weekend and it came out pretty well.
small surface pitting spot under tailgate bout the size of a quater. small spots on top of both fenders bout 1.5 in long 1/2 inch wide. bottom edge of winshield frame is starting to pit a little. all metal is very solid. no holes anywhere.
floors are remakably rust free(im really surprised). i think if someone hit it with a wheel and some polishing compound it would look real good.
anyone wanna come see it pm me ill meet ya anywhere near the metro ghetto area. thx for lookin.
that pic was late last summer. it has mabey 500 miles on it since then. i dont drive my toys in the salt! but im the second owner and im sure the first owner did for 1 or possibley 2 winters.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
thx for the pic post snowman43, i tried puttin some up but no go for me. im interested in all trades. sorry ckhanna im not a street bike guy usually(although a triumph would be nice). id like to see the xj in person and how much cash were talkin. keep makin offers i wont be offended. got 3 guys that pmed me that wanna come look at it.
ryebread, it has some surface crust on the frame, alot less than most ive seen. if i was dishionest id just undercoat it like most the other guys would.
i just cleaned it fairly deeply last weekend and it came out pretty well.
small surface pitting spot under tailgate bout the size of a quater. small spots on top of both fenders bout 2 in long 1/2 inch wide. bottom edge of winshield frame is starting to pit a little. all metal is very solid. no holes anywhere.
floors are remakably rust free(im really surprised). i think if someone hit it with a wheel and some polishing compound it would look real good.
anyone wanna come see it pm me ill meet ay anywhere near the metro ghetto area. thx for lookin.
that pic was late last summer. it has mabey 500 miles on ti since then. i dont drive my toys in the salt! but im the second owner and im sure the first owner for 1 or possibley 2 winters.
thanks for the detailed description. I am waiting to hear feedback from an interview I had Friday. If it went as well as I felt it went, I'll most likely be pm-ing you back. I've been holding off on buying a toy for nearly a year now whilst trying to find better working arrangements on the odd chance that I might have to quit before finding replacement work.

·
welfare wheeler
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
all pm's responded to! thx for all the intrest!!!
best of luck on the new gig ryebread
hope it works out!

P.S. to sweeten the deal and firm up the price ill offer the axles i was gonna swap into it.
front hi pinion d44 and a ford 9 inch from a 79 bronco. the axles are totally stock at the moment. should be 3.50 open on both i believe, but they are unopened. when i took the front out i got all the tierods, ttrack bar, and the radius arms. these will need a regear, bearings, and lockers but are a good starting point.
i also found my bikini top, duster deck cover windjammer, soft top boot, and the carrying case for them. the top boot has never been used. the bikini,duster,jammer combo was on for one summer. they are sail cloth(i believe) dark tan, "jeep brand" made by bestop. im sure there is some mounds mud stains on them but they might clean up nice being so new?? also have extra set of jks sway bar disconnects, minus one bolt and sleeve. for spare parts, never installed
i am ordering the front pipe for the header now to fix the exhaust leak.
thx!

·
welfare wheeler
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i doubt it! if the xj was 2 dr, 5 spd, low miles, lifted, locked, ect. id consider it. otherwise im just not an xj kinda guy. sorry!

i would like an s10 short cab short bed 4x4 4.3l 5spd pu/or 2 dr s10 blazer 4x4 4.3l 5sp. but those are real rare. or a short cab short bed dakota 4x4 360 5 spd. trailblazer/envoy(gmt360). tube buggy?? couple of jetskis?? boat??
i dont need to sell it! i was just looking at changing toys. ive had this one for a long time now. its paid off and i dont need the money for anything but more toys! blue book value is consideably higher than what im asking.

i also found a top for it, and the exhaust parts i need to fix it. if i do all the work the price will go up some. again thx for the intrest, and list me the options and send some pics of the xj i will consider it!

·
Registered
786 Posts
heck of a deal for whoever picks this up

1 - 20 of 181 Posts