Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after a new fuel pump, tune up and some good cleaning i took the truck out for a ride today and it will not hold a shift out past about 3 grand. if i shift it manualy it does fine but if i try and let the trans work it just shifts early. any ideas? tps maby?

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1996 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4
13,143 Posts
Does it still have normal amount of power, just doesn't shift?

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
1996 Ford Bronco 5.8 4X4
13,143 Posts
What trans, I know those ford trans's had lots of electrical problems, check out fullsizebronco.Com, there is a shit ton of people there that have had trans problems.

·
Psalm 40:2
3,303 Posts
yeah, go to fullsizebronco.com, i'm a member on there, a lot of guys with ton's of bronco knowledge. if it's the e4od might be something in wiring, not telling it to shift right, if it's AOD, might need to adjust cable.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well now it runs fine until about 4200 and it drops. it wont hold any gear out. i put an air intake on it and i went out and blew the rear driveshaft up so ill have to wait to see if that helps at all until i fix the shaft

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.