Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Yeah, Im new. So what?
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im trying to sell my 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L NP242. Ive gotten over my head in it, cant afford to fix/upgrade it anymore, or afford the gas mpg seeing as its my current DD(blew the trans in my Civic). It is located in White Pigeon, MI 49099.

Bad:
#1 It is currently 2WD. I blew out the driver's side CV on a hill climb, and so took out the front shaft to drive it home. Good thing is, it drives great in 2WD and actually gets about 13mpgs now :woot:
#2 It probably needs 4 new ball joints, they all pop and clunk when the wheel is turned, accelerating, stopping, etc...
#3 It has a line of rust on the bottom edge of hatch. None else that I have seen except surface on the underbody/suspension components. Not bad for 193000 miles :finger:
#4 Has a bit of tree rub on the drivers rear fender, scratches down the doors, paint is rubbing off on hood.
#5 Has Check Engine light on, appears to be an 02 sensor, IAT, and something else. Just makes it run rich and use gas...
#6 I think the heater core is plugged, and the A/C pressure is low. Both still work, just weakly.

Good:
#1 I have a driver's side CV for it, with good tone ring ready to put in. I have 1 ball joint already bought.
#2 The truck has approx 6" lift in front, 4" in rear from unnamed springs/pucks. Front is higher to handle future winch. The rear fender were trimmed for clearance, fronts are still stock. It has Superlift gas shocks, extended lower arms F/R, stock uppers, extended sways, track bar extension bracket(needs to be longer still). Stock axles 30/35, both have skids on them.
#3 The 5.2l has about 130k on it, feels great, almost too much power for wheelin in Low. I run Rotella 10W40, changing when the color turns instead of mileage.
#4 It has custom tube bumpers F/R welded to the bumper support and frame with 2" receivers integrated, they have saved alot of butt, mine included...and I can lift the Jeep with my cherrypicker: NO DEFLECTION! I will include my MONSTER clevis if interested ;)
#5 I replaced entire front steering/tie rods, aligned it with 1/4" toe-in, idler pulley, belt, it has newer alternator, battery, water pump, and I cant remember if I did the brakes or not, but they work well. All lights work, power seats, power windows, probably wont come with my $$ head unit and subs. Interior has some mud in it.
#6 Has great sounding exhaust on it, basically 2 3/4" straight pipe though an 18" Red Hot resonator to an oval tip. Its very rumbly, and not raspy to old ears :naughty:

Currently it has 31-10.50-15 Treadwright (MT/R) on Grizzley wheels, but I am trying to buy a set of 32-1150-15 Mud Rovers on black 10" D-windows to "beef" it up a bit. It will clear 33" Swampers as it sits though!

So there ya go, its got its issues, I cant fix them right now but you can! Im asking $2200 as-is so I dont totally lose my ass on it. The sticker says 2600 for all the rest of the tire-kickers. If I finally get to work on it, the price will go up with new parts as expected...

Call me, Cameron @ 269.503.1341

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
i miss that jeep, it sounded so good ! just to let you knowm get bent didn't weld those on there tho, another guy did but he welded them up really good. guys i can't say enough good things about this jeep, it runs strong ! and he's a good guy to deal with

·
Yeah, Im new. So what?
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeff and Ed for the good word. Ed, I fixed the bumper reference...thanks for letting me know the mistake :)

Its been a great Jeep, but its time for my pocketbook to let it go...plus I need to get my Civic fixed for my daily 42 mile drive to school this fall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts