Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Yeeeee Haaaaw!
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this is going to sound very Noobish, but what is the maximum size gear you can install in one of the early 90's IFS 1/2 ton front ends?

I'm throwing one of my old toys back together and have never been inside one of those things and don't have a clue how much of anything they can take... I'll be pushing about 400 HP through it and running a very small lift and 35's, so I don't want to hear about going straight axle under it. That's what I have a Jeep with 38's for:rock:. This will be mostly 2 wheel drive use in the sand, but I want the right gears in it in case I get cocky and need a little more kick in the ass.....

Thanks guys!!!!

·
Yeeeee Haaaaw!
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should probably mention that I'd like to move up to a 4.56 ratio, but not sure how far I can go with this thing......

·
Yankabilly
7,944 Posts
I believe 4.56's is the max. I know a few years back I tired to find 4.88's and they were not released yet.

·
Yeeeee Haaaaw!
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool- thanks,
After a little more research, it looks like you can get up to a 5.13 in there now- just in case anyone else is wondering....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.