Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1988 chevy half ton with a 25k mile 350 tbi. have receipts for it to

the good-

engine runs excellent, and i mean excellent. has a single 3" straight pipe with flowmaster muffler, its loud but sounds good. interior is good too except a couple stains and a tear in the seat. 700r4 shifts alright. this is also a new jasper tranny when the engine was put in. this is not a perfect shifting tranny but will get you from point a to point b with no problems. no problems shifting into 4hi or 4 low.

I have been daily driving this since spring break, and it includes two 500 mile trips from houghton to grand rapids, and have been using this to drive back and forth to work since june 50 miles round trip in busy city traffic. gets 15 mpg in traffic and 20 on the open road. (half tank to get from houghton to the bridge, and the bridge to grand rapids) hauled my dana 60 (500 lbs) and another 500 lbs in parts both times to school and home no problems. has a recent oil change, new cv shaft, new u joints in the rear driveshaft, and prolly 50% wrangler rt's. all lights work.3.73 rear end gears in the 10 bolt, cruises 70 no problems. also has a new idler arm and pitman arm in, no vibrations. lastly it has a brand new windshield in it

the bad-

the body is shot, cab is good except for a dent, bed is beat to shit and grill is hanging on for dear life. frame is rusty but just surface rust. it aint no show truck. the alternator bracket is cracked, but have been driving like this since spring break no problems. have a bolt as a ghetto tensioner. also the new cv shaft pops out, dont know why never messed with it, had to put my time to work, jeep, and school. has a radio but no speakers (im taking them for my next ride) out of the 4 tires that it has, one has a slow leak. once a week ill put 10 or so psi in it, its really not bad just something to know.

i did try to tow my jeep home which didnt fare to well. imagine a one ton jeep filled to the top of the hardtop with parts,tools,clothes. (5500lbs) then another 1000lbs of shit in the bed of my truck, all being pulled with a tow bar. the adaptor i used for my transcooler melted (guy at the hardware store specifically told me it could handle 280 deg but it didnt get that hot because i put one boiling water (212 deg) and after five minutes it was soft enough to pull apart) and lost all the trans fluid. didnt hurt the truck at all, broke down 30 miles from school, after fixing the truck and dropping the jeep off drove it 500 miles back home with no problems, used rubber hoses to re connect the hard lines and use the radiator as the transcooler, thats why the engine compartment looks like it was recently driven through a lake. not something to be alarmed about, but if i didnt mention it i know my friends on here would say something about it and make it sound worse than it is

this would be a great work truck, or a great engine swap for a jeep, could even dd the thing. it could probably tow a trailer, i just think all the resistence of my jeep is what made it work hard (or shitty truevalue parts) it drives great for being 19 years old, and like i stated before, the engine runs excellent and has tons of power.

I'd like to get 1300 out of this, or 1100 if i keep the exhaust. i would part it out, but for 1100 bucks you mine as well buy the whole thing. selling because i want to buy a nice locker and other misc parts for my jeep.

truck is located in rockford, MI 49341 but i work out by grand haven. ill get pics after work tomorrow.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

like i said body is really dented, but engine is almost brand new. it was a NEW crate engine, not a rebuild.

will also trade this straight up minus exhaust for a 14 bolt air locker, and 42"+ tires. can throw in some cash as well.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt for the rest of the weekend, and new price. take it for 1000 bucks including exhaust.

any interest if i part it out?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
btt, i can hear matts jeep already calling for some power

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
stock

also been getting some intersting trade offers, let me know what you have if you want to trade, doesnt have to be a 14 bolt arb or big tahrs

1 - 20 of 32 Posts