Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
350 fuel injected..

i went to the gas station to get a pop the other day and when i pulled ou ti had a really rough loaping sound to it and didnt want to idle very well... after i wraped it out it cleaned out but still didnt rev as quick as it should... ran good after it cleaned out though... tonight i went wheeling for a bit and it did it again.. runs rich on the low end but still runs great everywhere else... i got on it and it still spins the tires no problem and drives fine... it still feels like its running rich down low and i can smell the fuel... whats the deal... any one got any ideas on what to check... i cantn figure it out?

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
350 fuel injected..

i went to the gas station to get a pop the other day and when i pulled ou ti had a really rough loaping sound to it and didnt want to idle very well... after i wraped it out it cleaned out but still didnt rev as quick as it should... ran good after it cleaned out though... tonight i went wheeling for a bit and it did it again.. runs rich on the low end but still runs great everywhere else... i got on it and it still spins the tires no problem and drives fine... it still feels like its running rich down low and i can smell the fuel... whats the deal... any one got any ideas on what to check... i cantn figure it out?
if its not throwing codes or check engine light then I would start by checking out the ignition. its the one thing that can do what your saying without effecting the computor and making code. I would pop the rotor and look under it for burn marks, they may only be the size of a pin prick, but if you find any replace it. secondly water down the plug wires and watch for sparks. I use a 2 liter pop bottle with a hole punched in the lid. makes for a nice squeeze bottle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts