Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1987 Suzuki LT250R

Complete Rebuild. Frame, handlebars, shock arm, A arms, and hubs all powdercoated. Every bearing and seal has been replaced. All the calipers have been rebuilt. New Moose chain and sprokets. One less tooth on the front sproket. Fully rebuilt motor. New crank bearings and oil seals. Wiseco Pro x forged piston. Minor porting. Head shaved 13 thou. Boyesen pro carbon reeds on stock cage. Stock carb rebuilt. K&N cold air. Barnett race clutch. Lightened flywheel. Bills pipe exhaust. New ITP Holeshot HD 20x10 rear tires. DG Nerf bars. I fired it up but have not broke it in yet. Still have to tuck all the wiring up out of the way. I intend to do that and break it in unless someone wants to break it in how they want to. The only thing wrong is the rear master cylinder does not push enough fluid for the rear brake to clamp. tried to rebuild but still does not work.

Comes with a set of 85 plastics and seat. another 87 rear swingarm and axle. another set of front a arms, hubs, rotors, calipers. another set of rims. and a few more things. Quad is located in Lapeer. I would like to get $1200 out of it. have way more into it. Open to offers no trades.

Cheers Mike, 810 358 2 zero 1 four

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TTT and it has only sat outside a few days. Was covered up when it did. other than that it has been in a garage or barn.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nice rebuild. The rear brake caliper may need the rubber hose replaced, it might be swollen from age and not let the brake fluid return properly.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could not tell ya...I had the powdercoating done in baraga. I know the yellow is the same powdercoat they use to powdercoat all of pettibones equipment...its tuff

·
Hummer recovery team
2,086 Posts
I had an 87 lt250r just like this. They are fast for older quads. Was keepin up with
450Rs on the track.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts