Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i am building an 87 comanche 4.0 i have d35/30 under it now and want to upgrade sooner or later i want to know some opinions on what i should do OTHER than take the box off tube frame it and spend thousands of dollars on a vehicle i paid 200 dollars i wanna upgrade it but it will be piece by piece so if anyone has a for 8.8 or 9 inch 4 sale and a dana 44 4 sale lemme know unless that is if u think i should go with two other types of axles

·
Registered
713 Posts
D44 and a 9 inch from a fullsize late 70's Ford is a cheap, strong and readilly available swap. When I got my old Comanche (bro in law has it now) it was set up with this combo, I had previously purchased an old Ford and parted it and kept the axles. Then I was able to use them as spares. They are pretty much a bolt in. I removed the bed and trimmed the fenders, did a spring over on back with blocks and front 9" Rustys coils and ran 38's, now 40's. We also regeared them to 5.13's, rear Detroit, front mini spool. It should be at the Pig Gig. Good Luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope not yet have u got your tire fixed? what about that rock wall u tame it yet?and if u gave me a hand maybe it would be done quicker

·
589 Fabrication
3,548 Posts
im running the dana44 and 9" in my 87 comanche with rustys 9" coils, trimmed fenders and 35" boggers. it was a pretty easy swap, tho i bought the axles with the front suspension almost completed

·
(513) 891-8372
12,024 Posts
You should take the box off, tube frame the whole thing, links, coil overs, a set of diamond axles and you'll be all set.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...no i said that b4 i even left tard u need to get well so u can be out there sunday...a mud run is no mud run without the fat guy in a bronco

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts