Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trouble
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to convert my mechanical clutch to a hydraulic and my 79 pedals don't have the ability to connect the hydraulic master cylinder.

From reading the forums and talking to some companies the key is pedals from a 80-86 CJ that had a 4cylinder in it. They came with hydraulic clutches factory.

It's rumored that YJ pedals would work but its not a direct fit.

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
Trying to convert my mechanical clutch to a hydraulic and my 79 pedals don't have the ability to connect the hydraulic master cylinder.

From reading the forums and talking to some companies the key is pedals from a 80-86 CJ that had a 4cylinder in it. They came with hydraulic clutches factory.

It's rumored that YJ pedals would work but its not a direct fit.

I run yj pedals with a cj master cylinder with no issue
I think I had to make a bushing for the end of the push rod because it had a larger hole

·
Trouble
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I am still looking for the pedal assembly from a CJ 80-86 that had hydraulic clutch which are typically found in 4cylinder jeeps. The Jeeps that had the mechanical clutch won't work... its the same pedals as I have now in my 79.

So if you have the pedal assembly I'm looking for I'd be happy to buy it from you. :)

Let me know

·
Registered
97 Posts
I used a YJ pedal assy when I converted my CJ5 to hydraulic. They're a direct bolt-in. I had to use a bushing for the master cyl, also, as the holes are a different size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts