Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NWOC Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a good CJ7 frame for my 1985 CJ7. After some recent inspections after a summer a VERY hard wheeling, I need a frame.

a 12 in section on the engine side of the frame on the driver side front where the spring hanger is all the way to proportioning valve... (Very Bad)

a 12 in section on the engine side of the frame passenger side, where the sway bar attaches to the frame... ( Very Bad)

I could have them welded. But looks to me like the frame has been degrading from inside the frame out, the metal that is left is VERY thin.

So anyone got a Good CJ7 Frame... Please let me know...:beer:

·
Chillin with the top off.
4,891 Posts
Still need one?

·
Jeep CJ Addict
145 Posts
I have this one... It was repaired professionally at the front rear leaf spring mount. The rear needs minor attention but it is worth building on. It is not soft inseide out as I understood what you wrote. I will make a deal on it with the 44 wide.... $200. + I have a barn full of CJ stuff :) Lastly, I just bought another 86 CJ7. It does have the 44 rear but I have not seen the frame. It might be a good rolling donor for you.

Call anytime and ck your PM
Thanks,
Rudy
614-203-1947

Attachments

·
NWOC Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have this one... It was repaired professionally at the front rear leaf spring mount. The rear needs minor attention but it is worth building on. It is not soft inseide out as I understood what you wrote. I will make a deal on it with the 44 wide.... $200. + I have a barn full of CJ stuff :) Lastly, I just bought another 86 CJ7. It does have the 44 rear but I have not seen the frame. It might be a good rolling donor for you.

Call anytime and ck your PM
Thanks,
Rudy
614-203-1947
What kind of deal we talking about... PM me.

For sure let me know about the 86.

·
Jeep CJ Addict
145 Posts
Just got the other 86 CJ7 last night... Frame looks very respectable. May I just ask you to call me? I am lucky I re-found this thread... I generally don't go back but only look for PM's.

Thanks,
Rudy

614-203-1947

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
i have an 85 cj7, really good frame w/a free junk body and a set of axels for 150 bucks,no engine trans or t case, the exhause is there and it was set up for a sbc, i just want it gone, will deliver for the cost of gass. call me 1810 923 4467 my name is burt, thanks

·
NWOC Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have an 85 cj7, really good frame w/a free junk body and a set of axels for 150 bucks,no engine trans or t case, the exhause is there and it was set up for a sbc, i just want it gone, will deliver for the cost of gass. call me 1810 923 4467 my name is burt, thanks
PM Sent....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts