Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
741 - 760 of 766 Posts

· American
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #749 ·
Wrong thread. 10 min. penalty.

So you are doing a front axle change on the jeep?

Cool about the Rush Offroad win!
Nope. I have an 05+ D60 currently...Brian destroyed his front 14b at Rush so it needed to be rebuilt. I bought a junkyard axle to cut the C's off of, and I have all the other parts from the axle available. The only parts he wants to keep are unit bearings and C's. Knuckles, shafts, center section, etc are all for sale / trade

· American
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #750 · (Edited)
The time has come to start thinking about parting ways with this rig. For sale or trade for dirt bikes / sxs / cash in varying combinations.

Also willing to potentially part out, I might keep a pile of parts off of it for stephs bronco such as the Atlas and coilovers, we’ll see.

No idea what it’s worth. Suggestions?

-‘09 JK with clean title
-LS/TH400/Atlas 3.0
-Holley Terminator X engine management and harness
-TH400 has full billet FTI reverse manual valve body with engine braking and trans brake, -Coan engineering torque converter 3,000 RPM stall
-05+ D60 front RCV’s, 5.13s, spool, 2.5x8” DE PSC ram, spare set of shafts to go with
-04 14b rear, 5.13s, grizzly, spare shafts to go with
-ATX Slabs, 37” bias treps, spare raceline and bias trep, plus 5 spare 37” treps without wheels
-14x2.5 Radflo resi front, 16x2.0 Radflo resi rear all are custom valved by Phil Licciardi
-Brakes work but pedal is soft, still OEM jk master. Plan is to order dual wildwood masters
-All links are 2”x.25” DOM and 1.25” heims, 3/4” bolts front 5/8” rear

No beating around the bush here: the interior needs fixed. It was hacked and cut to mount the driveline where I wanted it, needs center console, dash, etc made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· American
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #754 ·
You have nice parts on it but the way you have cut up the body will reduce it's value a lot unless your buyer only wants an open hard core trail rig. My guess would be $12-15k
Yea, I get that. It’s a dedicated trail rig with a hand me down Ultra4 drivetrain in it. And that’s basically what I was thinking for a price, so that’s good. I also have a slew of spare parts that can go / stay to swing the price a couple thousand too. Wheels, tires, spare 6.0, multiple sets of axle shafts, etc.

· American
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #756 ·
We raced Visions at Mid America Outdoors this past weekend in Jay, OK. It was an absolute blast and an experience like no other. This park has multiple pools, a lazy river, a couple bars, a restaurant, short course, knockout hill climbs, bouncer hills, pit bike course, RC course, even a barbie jeep downhill course and they hosted at least one event on every single feature this weekend.

Our race was a combination of woods racing and short course. We started 9th, made it up to physical 3rd, and just as we started our 4th lap we shattered our flex plate. That's the second ATI flex plate we have shattered this year, so it's time to dig into what is going on. They are SFI rated for 3,500hp so we wrote the first one off as a fluke, but not this time. Technically we haven't pulled it apart to see if the bolts failed or the flex plate did, but currently assuming it's the flex plate.

· American
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #757 ·
I’m going to do heads and head gaskets Thursday night as a last ditch effort. If that doesn’t work, it’s going to sit until I finish my 6.0.

Finally did this. Tore it down 3rd week or April and it sat until Sunday night. Between Sunday night and Monday night I did head gaskets. Fixed my overheating issues. I had no symptoms of head gasket failures, but after two water pumps, two t stats, and two radiators it was the only thing left to do.

· American
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #759 ·
Yup. Did a couple rolling burnouts down the driveway to verify motor was still running strong. I picked up a 6.0 for it a month or so ago, but that's going to get back burnered for a while now. I'm going to put the Jeep into storage and pull Steph's Bronco out of storage so I can start working on that thing. I have a decent pile of performance parts I've picked up along with a couple fancy parts from Brian's 408. The goal is to get that thing into the dunes next year.

· American
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #760 ·
Traced down my no start issue…this paired with 18 month old gas prolly wasn’t helping anything. On the plus side, I now have a winch point on my garage floor. Gotta drill the concrete holes out bigger and I’ll be bolting down a plate with a d ring welded to it, but this worked for now.

741 - 760 of 766 Posts