Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

681 - 683 of 683 Posts

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
5,834 Posts
Glad to see you had fun and everything held up. Guessing the tire with the patch was ok?

Steph is laying down some nice welds for sure. Better than I can do at times. You have the lincoln 210?

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,400 Posts
I’m not getting into the political stuff, but “MI team” is 3 cars. Brian Trempe, Jacob Tuma, and Jesse Oliver. Casey opted out of being part of the team from what I’m told I have no idea why.

But yes, Jacob’s car pre ran the course probably 5 times but unfortunately had electrical issues causing him to miss qualifying and then only made it a couple miles into the big race due to a mechanical failure. So for “MI team” only one of the three cars finished the race, but if you’re counting all Michigan teams then yes, Casey did win 4800. It wasn’t even close a close race and honestly it was kind of funny listening to his pit crew telling him to slow down because he had such a lead. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know Jacob and didn't know he was racing but sorry to hear about his bad luck.

As far as politics, I don't give a shit. Casey is from Michigan and has been racing Ultra 4 longer than any of the other guys. I help both Casey and Jess with their cars. I have pitted for both Casey and Jess in the early days. Brian is running an engine that he bought from Casey. They are all from Michigan, I have rec wheeled with all of them (including Randy and Jamie) and they are all my friends and I follow them all. So for me, leaving Casey out of an update when referring to "MICHIGAN" teams is a slight and is a disservice to the people here who you are giving an update.

·
American
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #683 ·
Glad to see you had fun and everything held up. Guessing the tire with the patch was ok?

Steph is laying down some nice welds for sure. Better than I can do at times. You have the lincoln 210?
The three tires I had hot vulcanized never even had to get taken off the trailer, I had a good weekend with tires. I have one tire on the buggy with cold vulcanizing and it’s holding up fine so far.

And yea she impressing me that’s for sure, but remember she’s practicing on a table and can set it up to be as comfy as she wants. This isn’t crawling through an engine bay laying on her side lol.
Yes Lincoln mp210 with Lincoln .035 wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

681 - 683 of 683 Posts