Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

661 - 667 of 667 Posts

·
American
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
Lol. I expressed that concern, she’s sewing the roll cage tie ins on separate of the top itself so it’ll be easier to repair in the future. The reason I’m getting a custom one made is because last time I was inverted I tore the bikini top I was running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
Not quite Jeep related, but fab related. Our senior welding engineer worked with me on tig welding yesterday for a couple hours. Second time I’ve ever successfully used filler rod with tig welding, pretty proud of myself. Made huge progress yesterday.

·
American
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #665
Mr. Trempe was over last week and we were doing a little bit of prep for the Rush U4 race and happened to notice all of my torque converter bolts were loose. Currently stripping the exhaust out so I can get the starter off and access the bolts. In the meantime my wife is working on finally priming and painting the cage. Week and a half left before we leave!

Anyone else headed south for the race? Troy Carr is putting my Jeep on his trailer and I’m bringing the fifth wheel for lodging.

·
American
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #667

Dropped a few tires off at to get hot vulcanized this weekend. Only ended up leaving 3 of the 4 tires to get repaired, one tire (center in this pic) had 5 spots needing repair and it just wasn’t cost effective. I’ll throw some cold compound on it and keep it for a spare.

661 - 667 of 667 Posts