Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

641 - 652 of 652 Posts

·
American
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
The furnace is working just in time for this arctic blast. Nice score on the drivetrain!
Hell yea, I did all the math with what I was paying for kerosene in my heater, and what my natural gas cost was. It’s 5.9 time cheaper per BTU to run natural gas, even better off because the high efficiency furnace I was given is way more efficient than my turbo heater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #643
Now you know how much to charge him if he needs parts from you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Kirk and I just like messing with each other, I think he’s smart enough to not pay $600-750 for a bone stock, 192k mile, 21 year old 4L80

·
American
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
Not Jeep related but last weekend I helped a buddy get his truck back on its own weight. He started a SAS project 4 years ago and it sat for 3 years 51 weeks after he cut the IFS off, lol. He designed the SAS kit himself using a 79 f250 hp d44. I gave him a set of old 35s a few years ago that I honestly didn’t even know he still had. Didn’t turn out too bad, gotta move the spring perches slightly apart or mounts slightly closer together though so everything is more relaxed when sitting level.

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
Not Jeep related but last weekend I helped a buddy get his truck back on its own weight. He started a SAS project 4 years ago and it sat for 3 years 51 weeks after he cut the IFS off, lol. He designed the SAS kit himself using a 79 f250 hp d44. I gave him a set of old 35s a few years ago that I honestly didn’t even know he still had. Didn’t turn out too bad, gotta move the spring perches slightly apart or mounts slightly closer together though so everything is more relaxed when sitting level.

Nice!!

What powertrain is in the truck?

·
American
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #649
Well I sold the trans and t case for $600, so I netted a free 6.0 out of the deal. Started tearing into it last night, this thing looks mint. Just need to go grab a harmonic balancer puller so I can get the crank pulley off and get it completely gutted. Then I’ll gut my blown up 6.0 and see what is salvageable out of it.

·
American
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #651
Are you planning to go full rebuild, or just fresh fresh gaskets throughout?
I’m going to be upgrading everything except for the rotating assembly, and doing fresh gaskets throughout.

641 - 652 of 652 Posts