Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

641 - 660 of 688 Posts

·
American
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 ·
The furnace is working just in time for this arctic blast. Nice score on the drivetrain!
Hell yea, I did all the math with what I was paying for kerosene in my heater, and what my natural gas cost was. It’s 5.9 time cheaper per BTU to run natural gas, even better off because the high efficiency furnace I was given is way more efficient than my turbo heater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
Now you know how much to charge him if he needs parts from you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Kirk and I just like messing with each other, I think he’s smart enough to not pay $600-750 for a bone stock, 192k mile, 21 year old 4L80

·
American
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
Not Jeep related but last weekend I helped a buddy get his truck back on its own weight. He started a SAS project 4 years ago and it sat for 3 years 51 weeks after he cut the IFS off, lol. He designed the SAS kit himself using a 79 f250 hp d44. I gave him a set of old 35s a few years ago that I honestly didn’t even know he still had. Didn’t turn out too bad, gotta move the spring perches slightly apart or mounts slightly closer together though so everything is more relaxed when sitting level.

·
Gustafson
9,895 Posts
Not Jeep related but last weekend I helped a buddy get his truck back on its own weight. He started a SAS project 4 years ago and it sat for 3 years 51 weeks after he cut the IFS off, lol. He designed the SAS kit himself using a 79 f250 hp d44. I gave him a set of old 35s a few years ago that I honestly didn’t even know he still had. Didn’t turn out too bad, gotta move the spring perches slightly apart or mounts slightly closer together though so everything is more relaxed when sitting level.

Nice!!

What powertrain is in the truck?

·
American
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·
Well I sold the trans and t case for $600, so I netted a free 6.0 out of the deal. Started tearing into it last night, this thing looks mint. Just need to go grab a harmonic balancer puller so I can get the crank pulley off and get it completely gutted. Then I’ll gut my blown up 6.0 and see what is salvageable out of it.

·
American
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #653 ·
Another non Jeep related post...I ran up to west olive yesterday. Found a running 6.0 on marketplace for $300 so I went to pick it up, while I was talking to the guy he mentioned he had a set of 799 heads he’d throw in for another $100. So I threw him $400 for everything and dropped it off at my buddy Adam’s (with the 94 SAS Chevy) on the way home. He was pleasantly surprised, lol

·
American
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #654 ·
Well we got our passes for the U4 race in Rush, KY in the middle of April. As of now, I think that's the next wheeling event I'm headed to since Rocks n Valleys / Snow Snake cancelled their hill climb in March. Now I have to decide if I'm going to get my new 6.0 slapped together for Rush or run the 5.3 for one more trip. A lot of other side projects around the house and in the garage have me leaning towards just running the 5.3, but you never know...

·
Gustafson
9,895 Posts
That's awesome! make sure you take pics of the trip! And, I am betting you run the 5.3 one last time...haha

·
American
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #656 ·
The other night I booked a cabin at Badlands with a group of buddies to go wheeling the weekend after the U4 raceat Rush. So April 23, 24, and 25 I will be at Badlands partying/wheeling away.

Also, due to life the new 6.0 is getting back burnered for a couple months. Unfortunate but it's the right thing to do at this point due to non off-road related reasons.

·
Gustafson
9,895 Posts
The other night I booked a cabin at Badlands with a group of buddies to go wheeling the weekend after the U4 raceat Rush. So April 23, 24, and 25 I will be at Badlands partying/wheeling away.

Also, due to life the new 6.0 is getting back burnered for a couple months. Unfortunate but it's the right thing to do at this point due to non off-road related reasons.
Sounds like an awesome time!!

·
American
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #658 ·
Took the Jeep today to get fitted for a custom soft top. Water proof abrasion resistant material, full stainless steel reinforced snaps, and potentially having a custom dimension wind jammer made too. Fairly reasonably priced too for custom one off. Jeep should be getting dropped off at the end of April to have the top made, kinda excited.

·
American
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
Not going with blue tarp looking material?
Lol, no. Going with the black my thumb is on. Honestly, my original intention was for a more sailcloth type material but the lady making the top for me said this vinyl material was much more abrasion resistant and much better for snaps. It’s a vinyl with fiber woven through it, she said the snaps would rip out of sailcloth too easy and this was highly recommended. So we’ll see how it turns out

641 - 660 of 688 Posts