Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

621 - 640 of 652 Posts

·
American
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #621
Terminator page? ....please...please..please don't be a facebook group:sick:
Yes fb group, no terminator forums on GL4X4. Also you can’t be too mad, I’m one of the few people who’s trying to keep the forums alive with daily/weekly build thread updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Unfortunately basically the only pics from this weekend are when I found the single mud hole and got stuck. But this weekend was a blast like always. My best friend from college, Adam, got to put some seat time in as well behind the wheel of the Jeep which was neat. The last few years I’ve been taking his X3 to reject run but finally I was able to get my Jeep there, unfortunately his X3 broke when he was pulling it off the trailer. The Jeep performed great, only “break” was losing an exhaust clamp and exhaust pipes coming disconnected.

The first pic of you covered in mud looked like camo gear. Then the second pic showed you were really covered in mud. Great job

·
American
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #624
The first pic of you covered in mud looked like camo gear. Then the second pic showed you were really covered in mud. Great job
Lol. Thanks. I absolutely hate mud but couldn’t help but laugh after getting stuck. My dual trusses front and rear were acting like shovels, it look the AMW4X4 6.4L JKU to pull me out. I’m not excited to wash it next week when it warms back up

·
Low Range Drifter
8,265 Posts
Yes fb group, no terminator forums on GL4X4. Also you can’t be too mad, I’m one of the few people who’s trying to keep the forums alive with daily/weekly build thread updates
I hear ya. Was just hoping he had a non-fb storefront. My goal for 2021 is no facebook. I'm sick of using their groups that suck, crappy search on marketplace that doesn't follow my search criteria, and people just sharing and resharing the same boring crap.

It's a big reason I figured I should start updating my build thread.

Lol. Thanks. I absolutely hate mud but couldn’t help but laugh after getting stuck. My dual trusses front and rear were acting like shovels, it look the AMW4X4 6.4L JKU to pull me out. I’m not excited to wash it next week when it warms back up
Yeah, mud sucks. I saw the pic and all I could think of how much of a pain it would be to clean.

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
If you are referring to Snofari, how come nothing has been posted here this year for it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
First off mtnbiker - thank you for keep posting on this thread! Been great to follow the break - fix -wheel it progress.

Second - for those of us NOT in the "know" of things: could someone that is active on here start updating when some of the "annual" events are happening? I mean, I know of Snofari because of this site (never been, but would like to someday) but never heard of Reject Run until I started reading this thread. Maybe just a "covers all" thread that dates can just be posted to it?

Like Jonny J - I too detest FB. I have a page on there because the guys I have been riding quads with for 23 years have spread out all over the country as well as we established a page to up-load all the ride pictures and videos. Otherwise, I only have a few "friends" on there that even then I do not want anything to do with all the stupid crap that gets re-posted. I looked at one "group's" page and logged out of FB after reading 10 posts! All crappy stuff and crappy attitudes.

Lastly- sorry for hijacking the thread😕

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,268 Posts
First off mtnbiker - thank you for keep posting on this thread! Been great to follow the break - fix -wheel it progress.

Second - for those of us NOT in the "know" of things: could someone that is active on here start updating when some of the "annual" events are happening? I mean, I know of Snofari because of this site (never been, but would like to someday) but never heard of Reject Run until I started reading this thread. Maybe just a "covers all" thread that dates can just be posted to it?

Like Jonny J - I too detest FB. I have a page on there because the guys I have been riding quads with for 23 years have spread out all over the country as well as we established a page to up-load all the ride pictures and videos. Otherwise, I only have a few "friends" on there that even then I do not want anything to do with all the stupid crap that gets re-posted. I looked at one "group's" page and logged out of FB after reading 10 posts! All crappy stuff and crappy attitudes.

Lastly- sorry for hijacking the thread😕
OH don't apologize for hijacking a thread. It's the best thing we have going.

·
American
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #633

Lastly- sorry for hijacking the thread
Don’t apologize for hi-jacking! It’s the closest thing we have to OG forums. There’s an events forum on here, but no one updates it anymore. I’ve been thinking about it, I’ll do my best to keep all my wheeling trips and events updated in that tab. My current goal is the SRRS race March 4-7 in windrock, then the snow snake hill climb on March 27.

·
American
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #634
Also, thanks! I’ve been trying to keep it updated the best I can!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for not having an issue with post hi-jacking, and yes I know about the section for the events- but I know that people use to have a thread for each event, including the details for the event. I was thinking since traffic is down so much on here that maybe do just one thread and just post the even name, date, location and possibly contact? Not all the details, just a spot we could check on to see when stuff is happening. You know, not make one person responsible to maintain all the details of an event.

OK, so next thought- why doesn't this guys with the ideas take this on? Well, I would, IF I knew where I could find the info. This site was always my go-to for that.

·
American
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #637
Looks like I never posted, but I bought another 6.0 drivetrain for the Jeep. Couldn’t pass it up for $600. Also got my furnace hooked up in garage this weekend, it’s amazing.

·
Gustafson
9,575 Posts
The furnace is working just in time for this arctic blast. Nice score on the drivetrain!

621 - 640 of 652 Posts