Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

601 - 613 of 613 Posts

·
American
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
That's awesome!

I'm interested to see if you notice a difference out on the trails.
Hopefully I’ll be able to find out at reject run. I currently have a front shock on the way to Nevada and need to fix some rear suspension stuff after sliding into a tree at 30mph this weekend. But the goal is reject run at the end of the month!

The rear springs was a night and day difference, especially going across fields at 60mph. Hoping for the same change with my steering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I'm planning on Reject Run this year...first time for me in like 3 years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,528 Posts
You basically doubled the flow. I suppose going to far would not be good either?

·
American
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
You basically doubled the flow. I suppose going to far would not be good either?
Psc pump is .172 and they recommend drilling to .190 if you need a little more. I have the fitting off my 6.0 hydroboost pump that is .168 or so, so I figured if the .190 on my stock pump is too much I’ll swap to my other fitting to choke it back down. The only thing I need to pay attention to is making sure the pump doesn’t suck dry at high rpm, other than that I should be good.

·
American
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
I'm planning on Reject Run this year...first time for me in like 3 years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This will be the first time in 4 years I’ve had my own vehicle there, I’ve been taking adams X3 the last few years. I just hope I get my shock back in time, that’s my only concern right now.

·
American
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #607
Yesterday our welding supply rep at work hooked me up with a nitrogen bottle and regulator for only $90 so I can charge my shocks. What hose and no loss manifold is everyone using?

·
American
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #609
Like hydraulic line? Or a softer braided line with some crimped on AN fittings

·
American
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
Good call, I didn’t even think of a diy kit with stainless braided.

·
American
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #612
Good news and bad news.

The good news is that the shock had no damage, just had a weird issue with the ifp sitting on the nitro cap. Phil isn’t sure if it was something I did or if radflo made a mistake on assembly, but everything was fixed for free other than me having to pay shipping so it’s whatever. Should be good to go for rejects.

The bad news is that I need to fix my rear suspension mounts. I absolutely smoked a tree with my rear axle while taking the family for hot rod rides through the woods last weekend...bent multiple mounts and axle is a few inches off center.

More good news is that I finally ran a natural gas line to my garage so I can hook the furnace up, I did all the math on heating with my kerosene heater vs natural gas and it almost made me sick how much money I’m wasting on BTU/$ by using kerosene. Lol.

More bad news is the fawking line is 5’ short of what I need, so I’ll have to go to the store and get some black pipe to finish plumbing it.

Hows everyone else’s Saturday night going?

·
Gustafson
9,406 Posts
Awesome on the heater! Shitty on the axle.

Will you be able to fix it in time to make Reject Run?

601 - 613 of 613 Posts