Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

561 - 574 of 574 Posts

·
American
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
I’m guessing the injector was sticking slightly open and bleeding off pressure into the cylinder when the engine wasn’t running. I don’t think the fuel got in there while the engine was running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I’m guessing the injector was sticking slightly open and bleeding off pressure into the cylinder when the engine wasn’t running. I don’t think the fuel got in there while the engine was running.

Still shouldnt have that much gas making it past the rings

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
American
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
Still should have that much gas making it past the rings

Over the past few weeks it has sat for days at a time with a pressurized fuel system, multiple different times. Plenty of time for gas to leak down past the rings on a 200k mile engine.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
In my opinion even a couple months isnt long enough to have that much gas seep by. I know this isnt gas but I had a boat motor sitting with water in the cylinders pretty much all summer and the water maybe dropped a 1/4 cup if that.

·
American
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Went and picked up a free engine (and half a truck) tonight from Kyle. Should be able to get it swapped into the Jeep and fired up this weekend.

·
American
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
Got engine out of Jeep and engine out of truck. Part way through swapping a few parts around. Losing motivation quickly, but trying to get this finished up for my trip to the badlands next weekend. Also need to build a skid plate this week and button up some other odds and ends.

·
American
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
So looking into it more, there’s not as much fuel as I thought in the oil. Fuel, yes. But I also misjudged how much until I actually measured. There’s minimal fuel in my oil. Looks like I just straight up had an oiling issue unfortunately.

·
American
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #570
I went through the motions but did not actually verify on a mechanical gage that I had pressure.

·
American
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
Jeep performed flawlessly this weekend. I had a slight mishap after my roll over, but aside from some dented body panels it has no issues. Everything still works fine. I also linked up with my tuner remotely last night and got a real tune on this thing, holy shit it’s a night and day difference in throttle response and performance.

·
American
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
I also managed to bend my radiator this weekend. If anyone has a stock JK radiator laying around that they don’t need anymore, let me know. I’m also looking for a set of 37-40” tires for a 17” wheel. I want a winter set of tires as well as needing a new wheeling set, I destroyed one of my 5 this weekend.

·
American
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
How do ya bend a radiator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Tree things. This is the same radiator that I dented up from the bottom hitting it on a rock on the driver side a few years ago. At this point, I’m just seeing how much abuse it’ll take before it breaks. Lol

561 - 574 of 574 Posts