Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

541 - 560 of 570 Posts

·
American
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
Got the 04+ valve covers yesterday. Just need to clean them up and bolt on tomorrow.

Outside two are 175k mile 6.0 and the middle one is from my 200k mile 6.0. LA’s awesome is the shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
Made my mounts flush with top of frame for the most clearance from the 4 link. Just gotta make some big triangle plate gussets to weld on top and tie everything together.

·
American
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
Ordered a new Lenovo thinkpad yesterday. Got a nice one with upgraded ram and processor for 40% off thanks to their “back to school” sale. It’ll finally be nice to be able to run CAD, bendtech, as well as Holley tuning software on my own machine.

Ordered my coilovers today as well. 4 week ETA, luckily my next planned wheeling trip isn’t for 6 weeks

·
Gustafson
9,223 Posts
Let me know how you like that new laptop. I have been thinking I need a new computer for the house. 40% off is a good deal.

·
American
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
Here’s the after pic of the valve covers I posted last Sunday... $5 in cleaner and just let them soak.

·
American
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #550
I got my upper control arms in place last night. They’re some long bastards that’s for sure. Ordered some block hugger headers yesterday as well. This is going to be veeery interesting trying to get a driveshaft and exhaust to fit with everything in there.

·
American
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #551
Anyone have any 05+ super duty parts? Buying brakes, gears, traction device, etc tomorrow.

I'm also looking for a 8" x 2.5" double ended PSC ram and/or weld on high steer before I likely buy tomorrow.

Related, does anyone know if a Trail Gear DE ram will fit within the PSC mounts that are already welded on to my axle?

·
American
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #552
Current state pics below. Trans is at the shop, Capizzi Automotive on the south side of holland. Hopefully taking the Jeep there for a few dyno pulls as well once everything is complete.

·
Gustafson
9,223 Posts
The progress looks great!

I'm curious what your dyno results show. (when you go)

·
American
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #556
Started test fitting exhaust tonight. Chris will be here Thursday to weld up the exhaust for me.

I’m hoping tomorrow to have the front axle built minus gears as long as my steering arms show up on time, they’re already a day late.

If I run out of stuff I can work on I’ll probably put the rear axle brakes back together and get it on it’s own weight again.

Hydro components should be here by the end of the week.

·
American
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #557
Long time without an update, but I got everything finished up last week. Rode amazing, handled amazing, and ran amazing. Unfortunately, I must have had an injector issue because my oil pan ended up with a quart or two of gas in it and my engine locked up right before loading the trailer to go up north. But it was a great feeling to be able to go down the road at 80mph and it tracked dead straight without a hand on the wheel.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,459 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad luck. The build is looking great.

What are you running for coilovers? I am hoping to go that direction next year..

·
American
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #559
Sorry to hear about the bad luck. The build is looking great.

What are you running for coilovers? I am hoping to go that direction next year..
It’s all good. I have a pretty good lead on a temporary replacement engine, just need to go pick it up this week. Thanks!!

I’m running 2.0x16” radflo rear and 2.5x14” radflo front. The rear I have limit strapped to 14” because when I first designed the tube chassis, I didn’t take into account the path the axle takes when flexing and the coilovers hit the chassis the last inch of droop when flexing. So I took 2” out to be safe. I still have 26” of wheel travel rear and 25.5” of wheel travel front. Now that I have a better understanding of how suspension moves and everything, I would have done a lot of stuff different with the rear chassis, I got lucky on quite a few spots. But unfortunately, that’s all part of learning. I’ve never done an LS swap or full 4 link suspension builds like this before so it was all a huge learning curve.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
How did it run amazing with an injector that bad???

In order for that much gas to get into the oil pan your rings must have been completely shot leaving less than desirable compression. Plus an injector pouring that much fuel in should not make for a happy running motor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

541 - 560 of 570 Posts