Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

521 - 537 of 537 Posts

·
American
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #522 (Edited)
Looking forward to seeing how you like the truck cam. I've checked the specs more than a few times; but figure until I have something running it's just more stuff sitting on a shelf.

Based on my buddy’s experience with it, I think I’ll like it. We’ll see what happens though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
Went down to my buddies house today to tear into the 6.0...can’t get pics to post for some reason but the engine looked pretty good. I brought back some parts to have Napa hot tank and also picked up 2.5 gallons of LS’s Awesome to clean the smaller stuff with.

·
American
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
Pics or it didn't happen. You know the rules!!!!

What all you having done to the 6.0? Should be a nice upgrade from that minivan 3.8 :p

BTR truck 3 cam, LS6 springs, BTR chromoly push rods, BTR stage 2 trunnion kit, 243 heads, gen 4 TBSS intake, gen 4 TBSS injectors, larger throttle body, probably LS3 shorty headers. Also setting it up e85 capable since all that was required additionally was a fuel sensor.

·
American
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
Picked up a set of LS2 heads today with fresh LS6 springs installed. They only have 12,000 miles on them, so they’re fairly clean. Got a pretty good deal on them too.

·
American
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
Still waiting for it to show up. Whipple has them on back order due to this while China flu thing.

·
American
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
More parts continue to show up. This week was transmission stuff. Custom spec’d Coan torque converter and a full billet aluminum reverse manual valve body with a trans brake and engine braking from FTI. I did not intentionally buy a trans brake, but apparently all of their billet valve body’s come with one, which is neat. I just wanted engine braking.

521 - 537 of 537 Posts