Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

521 - 540 of 556 Posts

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #522 (Edited)
Looking forward to seeing how you like the truck cam. I've checked the specs more than a few times; but figure until I have something running it's just more stuff sitting on a shelf.

Based on my buddy’s experience with it, I think I’ll like it. We’ll see what happens though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #525
Went down to my buddies house today to tear into the 6.0...can’t get pics to post for some reason but the engine looked pretty good. I brought back some parts to have Napa hot tank and also picked up 2.5 gallons of LS’s Awesome to clean the smaller stuff with.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
5,657 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen. You know the rules!!!!

What all you having done to the 6.0? Should be a nice upgrade from that minivan 3.8 :p

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
Pics or it didn't happen. You know the rules!!!!

What all you having done to the 6.0? Should be a nice upgrade from that minivan 3.8 :p

BTR truck 3 cam, LS6 springs, BTR chromoly push rods, BTR stage 2 trunnion kit, 243 heads, gen 4 TBSS intake, gen 4 TBSS injectors, larger throttle body, probably LS3 shorty headers. Also setting it up e85 capable since all that was required additionally was a fuel sensor.

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
Picked up a set of LS2 heads today with fresh LS6 springs installed. They only have 12,000 miles on them, so they’re fairly clean. Got a pretty good deal on them too.

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #533
Still waiting for it to show up. Whipple has them on back order due to this while China flu thing.

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #536
More parts continue to show up. This week was transmission stuff. Custom spec’d Coan torque converter and a full billet aluminum reverse manual valve body with a trans brake and engine braking from FTI. I did not intentionally buy a trans brake, but apparently all of their billet valve body’s come with one, which is neat. I just wanted engine braking.

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #538
Couple weeks ago I finally installed the trunnion upgrade, didn’t realize I needed new valve covers to clear the upgraded trunnions but not a huge deal I’m hoping to pick some up this week. Wrapped up some motor mounts tonight.

Once I get the new valve covers I should be able to finally land the engine between the frame rails. This weekend I’ve cut every factory mount off and flap wheeled the frame down bare. Th400 to atlas adapter should be here this week also.

Also picked myself up a new welder, $200 out of pocket I couldn’t say no.

I’m currently looking for:

-Atlas 1350 CV flanges
-2.5” x 8” double ended full hydro ran
-35spl D60 traction device
-subsonic .22LR
-2.5 x 14 or 2.5 x 16 coilovers
-hydraulic bumps
-99-07 14b calipers
-05+ SD60 calipers
-D60 5.13 gears and bearings
-Anything else you might think is related to my build