Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

481 - 500 of 537 Posts

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
What brand tube notcher does everyone have? I'm leaning towards possible the JD2 notch master since I can get a discount on all the JD2 stuff, but I would be open to other options as well. I'd also think about getting the GOAT attachment from SWAG so that I could easily notch a bend on the notch master.

·
Yooper In Training
7,048 Posts
What brand tube notcher does everyone have? I'm leaning towards possible the JD2 notch master since I can get a discount on all the JD2 stuff, but I would be open to other options as well. I'd also think about getting the GOAT attachment from SWAG so that I could easily notch a bend on the notch master.
Mine is a Woodward Fab, basically a slightly cheaper knockoff of the JD2. Or a lot cheaper if you get a display unit like I did.

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
Nice bender stand. Makes me think my bender needs a makeover.

Same here. It's nice you can walk in and go through the scratch and dent table.

Thanks! Just a bunch of scrap pieces I had laying around. I need castors with harder wheels though. These get flat spots from sitting then the bender leans slightly because I have the hydraulic unit mounted on one side.

I wish I could make it over there during the week sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
Gotta play with the ride height and add some more tube, but here’s about what it’s gonna look like.

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
Long time no talk but it’s loonie it bust crunch time. Blew it up last fall, got pissed, cut lots out and am redoing it.

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #487

Biggest change is making the link cross member instead of using the factory cross member for links. Lol. Also build new links since 2” x .25” DOM is only $124 a stick, it was more than worth my time to upgrade from 1.75” x .25” since I also wanted 1.25” heims everywhere.

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
Buggy brake line question.

I’m running a full new set of lines from the prop valve to a single line on front and and single line on rear axle that each T off and go to each wheel.

Should 3/16” line be good for everything? I’ve already bought 3/16” everything, unless someone can make a super convincing argument to go 1/4”.

I leave for Canada to go wheeling in 8 days.

Pics just because.

·
Mall Rated
1,564 Posts
I have single 3/16 front and rear with 42's and a stock TJ MC and can lock up my tires. I'll upgrade my MC to 1 ton Dodge because, while the brakes work good, there is a spongy pedal.

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #490
I have single 3/16 front and rear with 42's and a stock TJ MC and can lock up my tires. I'll upgrade my MC to 1 ton Dodge because, while the brakes work good, there is a spongy pedal.

Well that’s good enough for me. Running what I bought. Lol.

·
Yooper In Training
7,048 Posts
Stock TJ booster, Dodge 1 ton MC, single 3/16" line going to each end, 3/4 ton Chevy calipers at all 4 corners, zero complaints about braking with heavy 40s. I had a Jeg's adjustable prop valve for 4 years, then ran into an issue with it after this winter. I bypassed it during the truobleshooting phase and the braking is perfect with no prop valve at all.

·
LCG HIJKLMNOP
7,815 Posts
Stock TJ booster, Dodge 1 ton MC, single 3/16" line going to each end, 3/4 ton Chevy calipers at all 4 corners, zero complaints about braking with heavy 40s. I had a Jeg's adjustable prop valve for 4 years, then ran into an issue with it after this winter. I bypassed it during the truobleshooting phase and the braking is perfect with no prop valve at all.
Samesies other than f250 front brakes and I still have the prop valve. It'll be fine. If not, plenty of trees in Canada to slow you down :teehee:

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #493
Took it for a test hit today. Thanks to Ramos for helping me sort out the brake issue. I got so frustrated I wasn’t even checking simple things.

She rides sooo much more smooth

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #495
Even though I had a PCM mishap, still an amazing weekend in Canada. That’s the best wheeling I’ve ever experienced.

Also after driving a few different LS rigs this weekend steph and I may or may not have made a poor financial decision on the way home. Only $400, but there will be more to come. Lol

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #497
Well, drivetrain is for sale. Would have been nice to wheel it at drummond this weekend but I’ll just take my Cherokee. If anyone is interested in a 3.8, 6spd NSG370, or a BRAND NEW rubicon 241OR, shoot me a message.

·
American
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #498
Hoping to start pulling apart this week. Just need to make up a make shift tie rod to move it around since my ram is currently in sault st Marie with beefy. Got a buddy freshening up my 6.0 for me, any recommendations on a cam? I also need a complete RMVB turbo 400, a GM round pattern 205, and a ford 205 if anyone has leads on anything. For the right price I’ll just take a stock 400 and throw a RMVB in myself.

I also have an 05+ 60 behind the garage I’m contemplating throwing in if anyone wants my front 79 king pin.

481 - 500 of 537 Posts