Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 548 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yea Luke, Ryan can laser them nice and clean or if you're fine with 3/16" and a kerf on the edge I can cut them cheaper. You'll have to grind them a little tho for best fit

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
I've actually upgraded my current hp30 to 1/4" cause I bent all my others already. Thanks though guys! Sorry for the accidental high jack though. If ya ever need any help or someone to drink some beers let me know, I know how heavy those suckers are

·
American
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've actually upgraded my current hp30 to 1/4" cause I bent all my others already. Thanks though guys! Sorry for the accidental high jack though. If ya ever need any help or someone to drink some beers let me know, I know how heavy those suckers are
Ohh nice. You should stop by sometime to say hey if you see us outside. Ryan and I are roommates lol

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yeah, absolutely will. I've got a barn out off 4th street where I keep the jeep and my tools. Pass by you guys every time I drive out there. I know Kirk, too.

·
American
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah, absolutely will. I've got a barn out off 4th street where I keep the jeep and my tools. Pass by you guys every time I drive out there. I know Kirk, too.
Ohh hell yea. I'll be in the garage most of today and all day tomorrow, trying to see if I can get it driving by the end of the weekend lol

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Ohh hell yea. I'll be in the garage most of today and all day tomorrow, trying to see if I can get it driving by the end of the weekend lol

Hurry up, going to bundy tomorrow haha

·
American
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Niiice, I'm headed out that way after work if you're out I'll say hello. What tire size are you goin with?
If my black half ton Chevy is in the driveway I'm home. I'm sticking with my 35s for now. Eventually 37s after a regear and hopefully stretch

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Jesus kid haha get over here and help then!

Maybe I'll stop by on y way back from picking up the jeep haha
At the house?

·
American
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yea trying to pull the carrier out of my JK rear. Got anything to help with that? Lol

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Pry bars

·
American
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Screw a Jeep build thread, I need to start an axle rebuild thread. Toasted the rear axle in my truck last night... So if anyone has a cheap 10 bolt or 10 bolt internals let me know please

·
American
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well my truck is back on the road... Also decided that I'm going to 3 link the front axle of my Jeep since I don't feel like making the poly/busing mounts on the axle for factory arms. Thanks to @Ryanw10 for talking me into it. I really need to bust ass to get this thing done, Drummond is in 2.5 weeks

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
Well my truck is back on the road... Also decided that I'm going to 3 link the front axle of my Jeep since I don't feel like making the poly/busing mounts on the axle for factory arms. Thanks to @Ryanw10 for talking me into it. I really need to bust ass to get this thing done, Drummond is in 2.5 weeks

Spider gears?

·
American
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Started making arms today. Should be cutting out my coil buckets and trac bar mount on the plasma tonight then I'll be good to start mocking everything up. I already have my link brackets cut out and ready to go.

Arms and tie rod are both 1.75" .25" wall DOM with 7/8" heims. Should be a lot stronger than my previous 1 tomb steering set up

For my drag link, I'm going to have a heim on the knuckle end and a 1 ton TRE on the pit man arm since that's what I already have up there. My previous steering was 1.25" .25" wall DOM so I just cut a piece of my 1.75" DOM and used it like a sleeve that the tube adapter could slide into then slide onto the drag link.

Also thanks to @Wiseadam14's drunk urge to draw and Stephanie being bored, I have some new hood art on my Jeep

Anyone want a set of JK axles?

21 - 40 of 548 Posts