Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

181 - 200 of 556 Posts

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Well I finally made adjustable rear lowers and was able to get rid of my +17 degree pinion angle just gotta get a ball joint sleeve adjusting tool and I'll be good to go.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
Well I finally made adjustable rear lowers and was able to get rid of my +17 degree pinion angle just gotta get a ball joint sleeve adjusting tool and I'll be good to go.

The 4 point socket?
If that's what your talking about run down to the shop and you can borrow mine

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Went and got the socket from @Wramblerguy it literally took me longer to go get it than it took to swap the adjusters on both sides. Steering is much tighter now too

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Well few random updates. I got my front gears installed, but I fucked up the pinion seal installing it so I've gotta swap that out before I can run it. I also moved up to my new house in Holland for work, no longer in kzoo which is nice.

And, I'm also getting rid of my truck if anyone is interested in buying it. I just replaced the rear main, did a full rebuild of rear axle including spiders and bearings. It's got multiple minor upgrades if anyone wants a list. Putting a rust free box on it in the next couple weeks and possibly replacing the rockers so the body will be rust free.

Also got my doors painted black and a brand new hood painted black. It helps that my stephanies dealership also has a collision center that her brother manages :beerbang:

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Here's the only pics I have right now. I'll try to get more once I get it all cleaned up and pretty.

No more green doors and flat black painted hood. Sometime in next fall/winter watch for a whole new paint scheme...still deciding on color choices though.

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
Here's the only pics I have right now. I'll try to get more once I get it all cleaned up and pretty.

No more green doors and flat black painted hood. Sometime in next fall/winter watch for a whole new paint scheme...still deciding on color choices though.

For what it costs you I would get the fenders painted the same black in the mean time

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
I plan on it. So far everything has been free he still won't let me pay

Hey I've got a whole jeep that's gonna need paint lol

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Started modeling a truss in solidworks today for my 44. Front of the truss fits like a glove. I'll model up some c gussets to and get them laser cut too. Kinda hard to see but here's what I have so far

Just the axle with no truss

·
Premium Member
4,991 Posts
Don't forget you have a spring Perch on your pig

Did you get the 3D model from the same guy?

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Ahh good thing I'm still designing it. And no I just acquired this a couple days ago. I've got Chevy outers too I could toss on it

·
American
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
More truss progress. Finishing the top of the bridge at work today then working on c gussets, tracbar bracket, shock mounts, then sending everything to the laser

181 - 200 of 556 Posts