Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please tell me how I get her to sleep at night and not during the day:confused: . If she would sleep as good as she dose during the day at night, that would be great:sonicjay:

·
O.G.
4,287 Posts
TJ, it is summer, but I will switch back into early childhood educator mode just for you.

She is still figuring out her schedule. About all you can do is wait it out. You can try to keep her up during the day, but that has it's pro's and con's. She will eventually figure out a sleeping schedule that is in line with yours. Just take time.

·
Catch the wave
7,994 Posts
white noise. in the womb, the babies are accustomed to all the noise of your body (or hers) from the crashing of heart valves to the rushing of blood flowing, to the rumbles of belly gas and stomach acids digesting food.

somehow, we think that by giving them silence they'll sleep... ours literally would sleep through the vacuum running under their bassinet back in the day.

that being said, the lack of sleep will likely return when they struggle to potty train as well.

the only other thing I can suggest is to just persevere - depending on what you believe, we as a species have been managing it for millennium...

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
white noise. in the womb, the babies are accustomed to all the noise of your body (or hers) from the crashing of heart valves to the rushing of blood flowing, to the rumbles of belly gas and stomach acids digesting food.

somehow, we think that by giving them silence they'll sleep... ours literally would sleep through the vacuum running under their bassinet back in the day.

that being said, the lack of sleep will likely return when they struggle to potty train as well.

the only other thing I can suggest is to just persevere - depending on what you believe, we as a species have been managing it for millennium...

We have done the white noise thing, and all that just looking for ideas. Our 3yr old never had this problem so its a little different. This baby also spent 3 weeks in the hospital, she was 2 months early, and I think she got use to people being up and around 24/7:sonicjay:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I used to try and keep her up as best I could during the day. Dont let her sleep for long periods at a single time during the day. When it was night time I would put her in the same routine, trying and show her there is a difference between day and night. I gave her a bath right before bed, and made sure the lights were completely out for "night time". It worked for me at least. after about a week of that she slept 10 hours straight through at night, only woke up for feedings. I hope that helps ya out.

·
I have an avatar. Yippee.
4,283 Posts
Have you ruled out the possibility that your kid may be a vampire? How does she react to garlic? Can she see her reflection in the mirror? Does she aggressively bite nipples? I'd rule out the vampire thing before trying to get her on a different schedule. Vampires don't care much for sunlight.

My son went through a spell like that. We just cut daytime naps short and established night time specific routines. The adjustment period was only a couple days, IIR. Sure he was cranky, but that beats getting up at 2, 3, 4, and 5AM.

·
Registered
73 Posts
we used the bird trick on our daughter, brite as hell in the day, and dark as hell at night, lights on and window open and radio to sleep with in the day time, worked for us, but every baby is differnt. here is what you get to look forward too.

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats nothing wait till she gets this big and tells ya what you are doing wrong

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
Someone please tell me how I get her to sleep at night and not during the day:confused: . If she would sleep as good as she dose during the day at night, that would be great:sonicjay:
BWAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
This is your first step into becoming :gman: Before you know it, your hair is going to turn grey, and fall out. Oh wait, that already happened.

Dude welcome to my world.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My boy had the sleep schedule down at around 6 weeks. He's been sleeping all night ever since. You just have to give her a little more time.
For the mostpart, that was my experience with our daughter. The other thing I will add is just make sure that when the baby wakes up in the middle of the night, you keep the lights dim. I think the mistake a lot of people make is that they go down to the living room, turn on the lights, tv, etc to pass the time while they're up.

For the first several months, our daughter was in the bassinet in our room, and I would just turn on the light in the master bath, only leaving the door cracked a tiny bit (just enough to be able to not hurt yourself or the baby getting around or changing diapers). Then, after nursing her, she would be out for the rest of the night.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Leave the light on and TV or Radio playing at night..

or put in bed with you, I know some will disagree with this but it works.

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
Another thing.

Before he takes a nap or goes to bed for the night, I turn everything off. Tv, most of the lights. It's not a problem for him to want to sleep if there's no stimulation. My kid is 17 months and this is always how I've done it, and it's always worked. He's been sleeping 11 or 12 hours a night ever since 6 weeks or so. The bitch is going to be when she starts teething. It's not just the pain of the teeth coming in, it's the diaper rash and runny nose that comes with it. Ear infections are another one of my favorites. Go out and buy a big bottle of liquid tylenon, liquid motrin and the baddest diaper rash cream you can find. You'll need it before you know it. Ambesol too.

·
build it break it learn
347 Posts
Palodin seems to be the best diaper rash i have found and you can get it at most walmarts or osco's. I can't really help with the sleeping thing travis pretty much came out of the womb on the same schedule we were on.

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
Another thing.

Before he takes a nap or goes to bed for the night, I turn everything off. Tv, most of the lights. It's not a problem for him to want to sleep if there's no stimulation. My kid is 17 months and this is always how I've done it, and it's always worked. He's been sleeping 11 or 12 hours a night ever since 6 weeks or so. The bitch is going to be when she starts teething. It's not just the pain of the teeth coming in, it's the diaper rash and runny nose that comes with it. Ear infections are another one of my favorites. Go out and buy a big bottle of liquid tylenon, liquid motrin and the baddest diaper rash cream you can find. You'll need it before you know it. Ambesol too.
They now link pacifiers to ear infections. The constant sucking keeps the ear canal open at the back of the sinus cavity and suseptible(sp) to bacteria thus causing infections.

I lucked out on teeth, Connor had 16 by his first birthday, now almost 2 he has all his teeth thru the 2 yr molars.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts