Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Im Farva Bitches
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 79 bronco with my built 5.0 mustang efi motor in it and is matted to a np435 & 205..........
I first bought the body in northern illinois.. Then my dad ended up getting a 79 4wd f150 that he was going to scrap out but i talked him into letting me have it... So i took the frame from it and shortened it 29"s to match the 79 bronco wheel base.. I also grab a bunch of other stuff off the truck that i could use on the bronco like wiring, lights ect.... I nabbed a np435 out of a 85 f150 and the 205 from a buddy... all i can say is that its goin good and some stuff has been a pain but its all working out.. I know that they never put a 302 into a 4wd truck or bronco of the year... so i ran into a few problems like headers oil filter location... Im still trying to get the efi harness wired up, now thats a P.I.T.A.... I just bought 4:88 gears front & rear and a spool for the rear.. Im going to weld the front... Im getting the gears installed Tues. night:woot:
I picked up some 35" Boggers 2 weeks ago cant wait to test them out.... Well heres some pics that i have been taking of my progress.....
O and if your wondering why the title says The Riddler.... well thats just what im calling this truck.. Im going to paint it flat black with neon green wheels an a having a buddy airbrush a ( ? ) on the hood... It should be sweet when im done....

·
1,234 Posts
What a pile! Anyways the frame fabrication looks pretty good. Looks like those guys knew what they were doing!!! I should hire them to work on mine!

PS. Im going to put a sticker on my truck that says RIDDLER RECOVERY UNIT. haha.

·
Im Farva Bitches
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:blah:lol right!:sonicjay:
What a pile! Anyways the frame fabrication looks pretty good. Looks like those guys knew what they were doing!!! I should hire them to work on mine!

PS. Im going to put a sticker on my truck that says RIDDLER RECOVERY UNIT. haha.

·
Jackstand Wheeler
1,114 Posts
Nice work.....it takes me back, a buddy of mine used to have a flat-black '79 Bronco on 35's with a giant Shark painted on the tailgate.

I hate to poop on your picnic, but I think you'll be bummed with the small-block, Bronco's is heavy like Scouts.

I have another friend with a 6900lb '79 Bronco that runs 13 sec. in the 1/4 on 31" slicks.....with a 429 & a 150 shot.

·
Im Farva Bitches
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ive herd that a few times...
but i put around 10k into the motor.... so like fidget56 said it will move that truck im sure of it.... :naughty::beerbang:
Nice work.....it takes me back, a buddy of mine used to have a flat-black '79 Bronco on 35's with a giant Shark painted on the tailgate.

I hate to poop on your picnic, but I think you'll be bummed with the small-block, Bronco's is heavy like Scouts.

I have another friend with a 6900lb '79 Bronco that runs 13 sec. in the 1/4 on 31" slicks.....with a 429 & a 150 shot.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts